Continental Heavy Civil Corp is accepting applications for a Civil Project Engineer (Jacksonville and Miami, FL; Savannah, GA)
- Responsible for directing, coordinating, planning the construction of each project. This includes clear and concise communication of the work plan to the project team that consists of Superintendents, Foreman, Operators, and other skilled laborers to ensure project progress is continued.
- Responsible for managing and coordinating staff, materials, and equipment to complete the project on schedule and safely.
- Responsiblefor reviewing and implementing the specifications, technical plans, engineering designs to ensure compliance with the contract documents. Responsible for interpreting and constructing the project per plans and specifications safely, under budget and on schedule.
- Responsible for managing submittals, RFI’s, shop drawings, and as-builts with close coordination of the design engineers.
- Responsible for utilizing computer aided design software and other programs to engineer, construct, survey, quantify and perform takeoffs as needed throughout the duration of the project.
- Responsible for leading and facilitating the pile driving effort, template designs, monitoring and evaluating the driving logs closely with geotechnical engineers and specialists.
- Responsible for creating and implementing lift plans for heavy picks. This includes calculating maximum lifted loads, crane capacities, bearing pressures among other project critical items.
- Responsiblefor implementing surveys to establish project control, calculate excavations, embankment slopes, rip-rap installations and beach placements among other project related. Produce field drawings and stations, elevations as necessary.
- Capable of assisting in the preliminary / initial and final project schedules, purchasing and estimates.
- Coordinate scheduling of subcontractors, consultants, inspectors, and vendors to complete the project on time. Specifically, responsible for capturing a 2-week schedule with Project Manager and executing in field.
- Monitor work comprehensively to ensure quality control and safety standards are met at various stages of the project.
- Perform daily (or more as needed) inspections throughout the project site. Prepare concurrent daily documentations / logs of all work performed that day, equipment checklists, labor hours worked, all material delivered, trucking logs, all problems encountered and any delays with photos and descriptions included.
- Hire all project field team workers, as necessary.
- Identify and resolve personnel conflicts and operational issues, as necessary.
- Create a Safety-First Set an example in keeping the job site organized and clean, including meeting standards for waste disposal and environmental protection. Become familiar with and utilize EM 385-1-1.
- Excellent Leadership, Communication, Writing, Speaking and active Listening and Conflict Resolution capabilities. Contains Good planning, Organizational, Time-Management and Prioritization skills.
- Must be capable of meeting deadlines, Self-Motivated, Detail Oriented and have excellent Follow-Through capability.
- Proficient in Microsoft Project, AutoCad and other 3D design software
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degreein Civil Engineering, Construction, Architecture, or similar / equivalent degrees.
- Minimum 5 yearsof experience with the USACE / NAVFAC / DOD or similar Federal Agencies (Marine and or Heavy Civil Experience Preferred).
- Able to pass government background clearances and with a valid driver’s license.
- Basic knowledge of software programs, Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Willing to Travel! Current projects in Virginia, Alabama, Georgia and Florida.
***Competitive Pay * Long Term Projects * Company Offered Insurance / Dental Plans * 401k Match Program * Opportunities to Travel * Exciting Newsworthy Projects * Many Other Benefits***
CHC IS A DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Our management team has over 50 years of cumulative experience in our fields of expertise with offices in Miami, Jacksonville, Savannah, Brunswick, Virginia, and Puerto Rico.
Our team's varied talents allow us to successfully execute in various areas and provide our Clients the best results for their project needs.
For more information and to apply click here.