Garver is accepting applications for a Civil Project Engineer - Transportation (North Little Rock and Rogers, AR)
Garver is seeking a Civil Project Engineer to complement our reputable staff and join our growing Transportation Team in North Little Rock, Arkansas to continue the tradition of providing reputable service to our clients.
Responsibilities in this position will include:
- Assisting in the design and creation of construction documents on a wide variety of transportation projects.
- Different roadway design components include typical sections, geometric layouts, drainage and hydraulic analysis, erosion control plans, safety features and maintenance of traffic plans.
- Assignments will also involve tasks associated with producing a set of construction documents including drafting, quantity computations, specifications, and cost estimates.
- Experience as a Task Lead / Design Lead for the Roadway Design of Municipal or DOT roads including the development of proposed roadway elements, ADA/Pedestrian elements, Proposed Roadway Profiles, and Cross Sections.
Grow With Us
Garver offers its employees programs such as company-paid professional memberships, company support for industry licenses and continuing education opportunities that foster a progressive atmosphere. Garver provides the tools, resources, and environment to develop leaders, stimulate ideas, and accomplish projects. By offering highly competitive salary packages, attractive benefits, a comprehensive wellness program and Corporate Wellness Coordinator Garver walks the talk when it comes to work-life balance.
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineering from an ABET accredited program
- 2-7 years' of related experience
- Proficient in Microstation and/or AutoCAD
- Strong communication skills
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office
- Previous experience in consulting engineering with a primary focus on Municipal transportation projects
- PE license, preferably Arkansas
- Previous experience as a Task Lead / Design Lead for roadway drainage elements including the design of cross culverts, bridge class culverts, and proposed storm drains.
- Project Management experience in monitoring project budgets to ensure the at all projects are completed on time and under budget.
- Experience with Microstation, Geopak, OpenRoads
- Experience in Culvert & Storm Drain softwares a plus; HEC-RAS, FHWA HY-8, AutoCAD Storm, Geopak Drainage, or other relevant softwares.
Founded in 1919, Garver is an employee-owned multi-disciplined engineering, planning, architectural, and environmental services firm with nearly 800 employees across the United States. Offering a wide range of services focused on aviation, construction, facilities design, federal, survey, transportation, and water, Garver sits in the top 125 of the Engineering News-Record's prestigious Top 500 Design Firms list and is consistently recognized as a best firm to work for. Learn more at GarverUSA.com.
Garver is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Our employment practices are based upon an individual's capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by law.
For more information and to apply click here.