Bacon, Farmer, Workman Engineering and Testing is accepting applications for a Civil Transportation Roadway Designer in Springfield, IL. Bacon, Farmer, Workman Engineering & Testing, Inc. is actively seeking an experienced Civil Transportation | Roadway Designer | Technician for our Springfield, Illinois office.
- Bachelor or Associate degree in Civil Engineering is desired with minimum requirements of CADD training and excellent math skills
- 3+ years of relevant transportation engineering work experience designing roadway projects is desired
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office Programs
- High level of organizational and management skills and attention to detail
- Ability to be self-motivated, friendly, and positive in the work environment
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and able to work to meet project demands and deadlines.
- Experience is desired with MicroStation, Power Geopak V8i Powered by OpenRoads Technology, and other related design software applications for roadway and structure design.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities:
- Planning and design of urban and rural roadways, site developments, and stormwater management/drainage design.
- Coordination with regulatory agencies, utility companies and sub-consultants to obtain information, guidance, and requirements
- Manage project budgets and schedules
- Attend Client Meetings
- Investigate field conditions as well as read and comprehend as-built drawings, construction specifications, client base standards, and technical information to develop drawings.
- Develop plans and related documents from engineering input; perform necessary mathematical calculations and prepare details and other related requirements as part of the overall bidding/construction document package.
- Utilize MicroStation, Power Geopak V8i Powered by Open Roads Technology, and other related design software applications for required for plan production.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental and Vision Coverage (employee coverage employer paid)
- Employer Paid Life Insurance of $50,000
- Additional Life Insurance available for employee and dependents
- Short-Term Disability Coverage
- Employer-Paid Long-Term Disability Insurance available
- Company Match 401k program
- HSA or FSA
- Remote Work Possible
- Flexible Schedule
- Paid Time Off
- Eight Paid Holidays
To learn more and apply for this position, click here.
Learn more about Bacon, Farmer, Workman Engineering and Testing here.