B.L. Duke is accepting applications for a Class A CDL Driver (Joliet, IL).
B.L. Duke, Inc, is seeking a full-time Driver to join our team. The Driver will take an active role in the organization within the Trucking Department. The Driver will report to the Dispatch Manager. Position is located at our Joliet Facility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Local route hauling to deliver goods to customers.
- Load and unload cargo, record cargo delivered, and keep an activity log.
- Work safely within route navigation system during transport.
- Checking the load frequently for hazards during transporting and making necessary adjustment when needed.
- Refuel and clean vehicle.
- Ensuring compliance with Federal and State Laws – report all road incidents to the dispatcher immediately.
- Inspect trucks for mechanical items, safety issues, perform preventive maintenance.
- Report mechanical problems to Dispatch Manager immediately upon discovery.
- Comply with truck driving rules and regulations (size, weight, route designation, parking and break periods) as well as with the company policies and procedures.
- Detecting and eliminating safety hazards before, during and after transport.
- Keep commercial driver license and medical card up to date.
- Maintain a positive attitude with customers.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Must have a valid class A CDL, with at least 1 year of driving experience.
- Prior roll-off/flatbed experience is required.
- Gondola and lugger experience highly preferred.
- Experience working within GPS routing systems.
- Good communication, problem-solving skills and ability to follow written and oral instructions and are required.
- Must be 21 years or older
- CDL A OR Commercial driver license. Must have a clean driving record. Willingness to submit to background/drug checks and provide employment history.
- Knowledge of applicable DOT regulations, OSHA compliance and industry preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and climb or balance. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; outside weather conditions; extreme cold and extreme heat. The employee is frequently exposed to high, precarious places and fumes or airborne particles.
We offer competitive wages and an excellent benefit package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, 401K plan, PTO time.
B.L. Duke, Inc, is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
B.L. Duke is full-service ferrous and non-ferrous metal recycler and processor. Founded in 2000, we’re committed to revolutionizing the scrap metal recycling industry through innovation, game-changing efficiencies, and cutting-edge technology. Today, we’re a mill direct supplier of ferrous and non-ferrous metals, fiber and plastics offering two convenient recycling facilities to serve you in Forest View, IL and Joliet, IL.
Please click here to learn more and apply for this position.