Associated Terminals in Arabi, LA is currently hiring for a full-time field clerk.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Identify Cargo using load and discharge lists to determine where various cargoes need to be moved for storage or transport
- Documentation of truck tickets and load lists as well as tally sheets that identify cargo and document damage fill out truck tickets, load lists that states how much was loaded per stowed or loaded on vessels.
- Responsible for completion of all necessary paperwork and submitting to the Clerk in Charge for further review
- Responsible for working with lift operators to determine and ensure proper load quantities
- Receive various cargoes and verify dock receipts
- Verify count weights measurements, marks, and dimensions
- Document any exceptions or damages and mark the cargo with booking number, CT number, weight, and port of discharge
- Ensure the Placement of cargoes in proper staging areas
- Identify cargoes with barcodes
- Supervise the loading and unloading of trucks/barges/railcars
- Deliver various Cargos verifying dock receipt to ensure correct bill of lading is being loaded
- Inspect cargo to ensure correct quantities are being loaded
- Submit all truck tickets and other documentation to the CIC
- Utilize load list to load containers
- Report ALL incidents through the company’s reporting protocol
- Support company safety initiatives
- Demonstration of knowledge of all required competencies
- Perform other duties as required
At least 1 years of similar experience in a maritime/ industrial, or warehousing environment
High school or equivalent (preferred)
SKILL/ KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be able to read/write/communicate in English
- Able to use basic math skills
- Must be able to follow directions
- Must be able to work rotational shift work
- Able to perform minor/routine maintenance on equipment and machinery
- Be physically fit to perform all essential physical demands of this job safely.
- Advocate of team concept
- Commitment to customer service
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment
- Must comply with all operational directives and company policies
The incumbent will work in all weather conditions ranging from warm/hot-cool/cold as well as occasional rain. Will work at different elevations, noise levels will be moderate-high. Job site will contain light to heavy equipment vehicles, small to large equipment, materials, communication equipment, and tools. Rotational shift work required. Twelve or more hours per day spent in the work environment.
The physical nature of the work will vary from day to day based on operational needs; however, the job will require the incumbent to be able to perform: climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, typing, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing, and repetitive motion. The incumbent will also be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) including, but not limited to Hard Hat, eyewear, safety vests, gloves, masks/ respirators (when necessary) and steel-toe boots.
Very Heavy Work: Exerting in excess of 100 lbs. of force occasionally, and/ or in excess of 50 lbs. frequently, and/ or in excess of 20 lbs. of force constantly to move objects.
- TWIC (must be able to attain)
- Must pass pre-employment drug tests as well as random drug screening
To apply to the clerk position, please click here