JMI Elmwood Repair & Maintenance, LLC has an immediate opening for an Experienced CNC Machinist Programmer at our facility located in Belle Chasse, Louisiana. JMI offers competitive wages & benefits packages that include health/dental, life insurance, paid holidays, matching 401K & more.
Summary: Responsible for programming, setup, and can run and operating multiple machines, including, but not limited to Lathe. Accountable for following direction from the Shipyard leadership, fully understanding applicable policies, rules, and regulations, and working with safety as a high priority.
Essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Mount, install, align, and secure tools, attachments, fixtures, and work-pieces on machines, using hand tools and precision measuring instruments
- Stop machines to remove finished work-pieces or to change tooling, setup, or work-piece placement, according to required machining sequences
- Transfer commands from servers to computer numerical control (CNC) modules, using computer network links
- Check to ensure that work-pieces are properly lubricated and cooled during machine operation
- Set-up of the job site, and clean-up of the job site after repair work is complete and return tools to proper place
- Measure dimensions of finished work-pieces to ensure conformance to specifications, using precision measuring instruments, templates, and fixtures
- Check completed product for conformance to specifications and for defects by checking them visually
- Identify and prioritize projects as directed by Machine Shop Foreman • Repair boat parts; tail shaft, rudders etc.
- Operate a Lathe and Milling Machine
- Responsible for personal safety and that of his/her fellow crew members, including always working with a teammate
- Read and record findings from inside dimensional and outside dimensional micrometers • Able to use Calipers
- Able to cut tapers and threads and hold, up to a .005 tolerance
- Set up and work with a Four Jaw Chuck
- Must be able to use appropriate equipment
- Comply with all safety and environmental policies and procedures
- Report any illness, injury, and unsafe situations to the Foreman
- Report all equipment failures to the Foreman
- Work in all types of weather including rain, extreme heat and cold conditions
- Perform all other duties as required Education/Experience:
High School Diploma or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
Possess the capabilities of performing the essential functions of this position as well as the ability to work safely and effectively as a team member. A fundamental requirement for the position is to have the ability to concentrate fully on each assigned task in order to perform all duties in a safe and efficient manner.
Additional Requirements: Must be willing to work additional hours and weekends as needed to meet project deadlines. For confidential consideration, qualified candidates may apply online at http://www.jamesmarine.com or can mail or fax a resume to: Human Resources Department P.O. Box 1148 Belle Chasse, LA 70037-1148 Fax: 504-433-5112 James Marine, Inc. (JMI) is an Equal Opportunity Employer