Commercial Diver (Nicholasville, KY and Rosedale, MD)
Marine Solutions is seeking Commercial Divers to join our growing team to work underwater using surface supplied air to inspect, repair or adjust equipment and structures.
Responsibilities will include:
- Set up dive station and make sure all equipment is functioning as designed.
- Be capable of completing all required daily safety sheets and holding daily safety meetings.
- Pay attention and be a part of the daily safety meetings.
- Understand the project scope and your part of what needs to be completed.
- Know line pull, crane signals.
- Be dependable.
- Ensure diving equipment is serviceable and in top condition.
- Appropriate health and safety procedures.
- Construction basics (concrete, steel, carpentry, welding, fabricating, etc).
- Proper rigging techniques.
- Good communication skills (verbal and written).
- Good organization skills.
- Complete tasks assigned.
- Be a self-starter.
Minimum Qualifications for a Commercial Diver;
- Graduate from an accredited commercial dive school, Navy, ADC diver card or comply with ANSI diver training requirements.
- Current Blood Borne Pathogens, First Aid, CPR, O2 Administration certifications.
- Current “Fit to Dive” physical.
All employees must pass a pre-employment drug screen as well as random tests throughout employment.
The following training items are not required, but preferred;
- 10hr OSHA General Construction Course.
- Certified Welder.
- Mechanic background.
Must have one of the following:
- Commercial dive school certification.
- Navy dive certification.
- Association of Diving Contractors - Diver Card.
- Completed ANSI requirements for training hours.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
All divers must be able to complete the physical aspects of their job which may require lifting 75 to 100 pounds. The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Marine Solutions has become nationally recognized for its expertise in the field of waterfront engineering and is one of the largest capacity small business firms in the United States. Marine Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer that exists to provide the best possible service to our clients. To do this, we work to attract the best and the brightest talent that adhere to our principals which include behaving with integrity, working as a team, being dependable, and going above and beyond in all that we do. In turn, we differentiate ourselves by being a responsive and trusted partner for our clients while providing employees with a family atmosphere full of growth opportunities. For the second year in a row we were designated as one of the top 100 Best Places to Work in Kentucky.
For more information and to apply for this position: