Marine Solutions is accepting applications for Commercial Divers (Rosedale, MD)
Commercial Divers provide commercial diving services to include underwater inspections and construction as well as associated topside work. This position may also include shop and equipment maintenance.
Duties & essential job functions:
- Set up a dive station and ensure all equipment is functioning as designed.
- Be capable of completing all required daily safety sheets and holding daily safety meetings.
- Pay attention and be a part of the daily safety meetings.
- Understand and follow health and safety procedures related to the work.
- Basic constructions skills (concrete, steel, carpentry, welding, fabricating, etc.)
- Understand the project scope and associated tasks.
- Understand line pull, rigging, and crane signals.
- Demonstrate proper rigging techniques.
- Possess good communication, listening, and organizational skills.
- Complete assigned tasks and meet agreed-upon expectations.
- Work hard, remain motivated, and be a self-starter.
Commercial dive school certificate, US Navy dive training certificate, or ADCI dive certification card.
- Current Blood Borne Pathogens, First Aid, CPR, DAN O2 Administration certifications.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Current ADCI “Fit to Dive” physical.
- Have integrity, be a good team member, be dependable, and go above and beyond.
- 10-Hour OSHA General Construction Course.
- Certified Welder.
- Mechanic background.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
All employees must be able to complete the physical aspects of their job which may require lifting 75 to 100 pounds. The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
All applicants must pass a background check and pre-employment drug screen as well as random drug screens throughout employment.
Marine Solutions is a specialized construction and engineering firm focused on building and maintaining waterfront, hydraulic, navigation, and bridge structures. Marine Solutions is a certified small, woman-owned, disadvantaged business enterprise (WBE/DBE) and are fully insured for general, marine and professional liability. Our headquarters are in Kentucky with offices in Maryland, New Jersey, New York, and Ohio. We offer our services throughout the United States and our valued clients included federal, state and municipal agencies, architectural and engineering firms, construction companies, and industrial entities.
For more information and to apply for this position click here.