Marcus Construction is accepting applications for a Commercial/Industrial Construction Sales in Alexandria, MN.
*This is a hybrid position in the Alexandria, MN regional area with occassional work in the Willmar, MN Corporate office.*
The Marcus Mindset
At Marcus Construction, our employees drive the success of our business. Our team effort is what makes us successful and together, we focus on excellence, safety, quality and improvement. We believe that to be the best, it’s crucial we work together to find the best solutions, to deliver the highest value and service to our clients with a sense of safety and urgency. We hold each other accountable for the quality of our work and the results we achieve. We believe in treating each other and our customers with respect and we believe in building long-term, strategic relationships with our customers. We believe in taking care of our assets especially our most important one – our employees. We encourage our employees to take initiative and be a difference maker not only at work but also in our community.
Marcus Construction believes in recognizing our talented and dedicated employees who go above and beyond our expectations to serve our customers, solve problems and continually improve our business. Our total rewards program includes:
- Group Medical Plan
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Savings Accounts
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- 401k with Company Match
- Group Term Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Service Awards
- Team Building Events
The Sales Representative position is responsible for developing new sales and managing existing account relationships throughout the Alexandria, Minnesota region with an emphasis of growing the Marcus Construction brand and relationships within the Commercial and Industrial construction industries. Essential duties include the following:
- Developing new relationships within the commercial and industrial construction community.
- Pursuing construction bids and customer proposals from the initial stages to finalization.
- Following up on all outstanding requests for proposals or quotes and estimates with clients.
- Attending trade shows to represent Marcus Construction.
- Generating new business opportunities and driving sales through cold calling, networking, and client referrals.
- Conducting sales presentations and coordinating the development of bid proposals and quotes.
- Following up on leads via phone, email, and face-to-face meetings to connect with future customers.
- Learning and keeping up to date on construction processes and building materials to answer customer questions accurately and make recommendations.
- Developing and cultivating positive relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Fostering engagement within the local community and chamber of commerce.
Education and Experience
- Two or Four-year degree in Business Administration or related field preferred.
- Sales experience in the commercial/industrial construction market preferred but not requied.
- Experience using relevant CRM software.
- Proven track record of building sales and driving market growth.
- Possess effective negotiation and analytical business selling skills, including experience in prospecting, quoting, and closing profitable new business.
- Ambition to exceed sales goals and contribute to continuous improvement.
- Ability to read drawings and schedules prepared by architects and project managers.
- Ability to effectively communicate with both team members and owners.
- Strong organization and time management skills.
Travel Requirements - Occasional overnight travel may be required.
Physical Demands/Working Environment: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the Sales Representative position to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. Position requires visits to construction jobsites in a variety of weather conditions and extreme temperatures. Exposure to dirt, dust, and other materials is routine and may require the use of protective clothing and respirators. In addition, employee must be able to move around prospective or current project sites. This includes high structures and/or scaffolds, climbing ladders, walking on uneven surfaces, walking long distances, and climbing stairs.
Successful completion of a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and background check required.
To learn more and apply for this position, click here.
Learn more about Marcus Construction here.