CIT Group, a division of First Citizens Bank, is accepting applications for a Commercial Underwriter I in Jacksonville, FL.
CIT Business Capital is now First Citizens Equipment Finance. The Commerical Underwriter will be responsible in helping the business grow through the underwriting and adjudication of small and medium size loans & leases. The individual will be asked to develop relationships with internal stakeholders in order to identify and champion process improvements. This individual will be a key contributor to Business Capital’s success and have an opportunity to grow within an organization that fosters career development, progression, and mobility.
The ideal candidate will be someone who works with a sense of urgency but not a sense of panic, is comfortable making decisions with imperfect information and is willing to lead from an individual contributor role. The individual who succeeds in this role is someone who is creative, flexible but unwavering in their commitment to risk management & credit quality.
- Provide credit analysis/underwriting for new lease transactions and ensure it is conducted efficiently and timely within existing policies
- Handle a variety of transactions, some of which require complex and unique structures
- Assist sales representatives with prescreening and structuring transactions for prospective lessees
- Hold due diligence meetings / conference calls with customer CFOs or other financial management as required
- Assist in the negotiation of lease and third-party assignment documentation
- Decision making within credit limit authority and making recommendations on credit requests above existing authority
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s Degree preferred.
- 5 years’ experience in credit underwriting with a bank or commercial finance company.
- Experience in credit underwriting of Technology and Industrial assets is preferred
- Ability to analyze financial statements and other pertinent credit information and make credit decisions or recommendations
- Strong writing and verbal skills required
- Experience with spreading financial statements
- Ability to calculate an interpret financial ratios
- Ability to engage across functions and clearly communicate reasons why decisions were made
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment with multiple talks and deadlines
- Technical skills in financial statement analysis, risk analysis and legal contract requirements.
- Strong communication skills and ability to interface with executive management, customers, attorneys, and peers
To learn more and apply for this position, click here.
Learn more about CIT Group here.