Cummins is a place big enough to coach and develop a global workforce and create the world’s leading clean, engine technology. We’re also small enough for you to find your fit and personal passion with a team of dependable, innovative thinkers who are developing their careers within a diverse, inclusive, empowering environment.
Learn more about this role and how you can begin Working Right .
Our Corporate team promotes reliable, durable, high performing products to our global partners. Working in an innovative space, you’ll develop high tech solutions that will fuel your advanced career skill set and empower you to own your career. Our integrated businesses demand the talents and creativity of individuals with a wide range of skills and experience.
This is an exciting opportunity in Indianapolis, Indiana for a Communications Manager, Corporate Responsibility. Cummins USA is where you can work on industry leading projects.
Your impact will happen in these and other ways:
- Develops and leads an integrated executive communication plan for the VP – Corporate Responsibility (both internal and external).
- Develops and supports execution of a communications strategy for significant Corporate Responsibility investments (e.g., Cummins Powers Women), including leveraging senior executive sponsors (CEO, COO).
- Develops and supports execution of a communications strategy for the broader Corporate Responsibility function, including leveraging and aligning with regional/Area Business Organizations Business, Corporate Responsibility and Communications Leaders.
- Plans and produces communications and related materials to meet Cummins strategies and objectives.Manages internal and external communications including press releases, video, newsletters, and corporate presentations.
- Develops short- and long-term communication objectives.
- Oversees communication activities including technical and/or promotional material writing, brochures, newsletters, etc.
- Interacts with business partners to develop and implement integrated communication plans.
- Consults with business leadership to establish brand communication strategies and ensure communication, planning, and monitoring is effectively meeting the needs of customers.
- Manages brand communication research and supports the implementation of the Cummins brand strategy and guidelines.
- Identifies department issues, problems, and opportunities to support continuous improvement initiatives.
- Develops and manages budget, financial controls, and risk ensuring operations are executed efficiently and within established budgets.
- Establish, monitor and report key performance metrics.
- Manages, coaches, and develops staff; works with employees to set goals in training and development, performance, and career planning.
Leadership: Identifies and implements effective processes and procedures for accomplishing work. Ability to create an atmosphere in which timely and high quality information flows smoothly between self and others; encourages the open expression of ideas and opinions. Ability to analyze issues by gathering relevant information systematically and considering a broad range of issues or factors. Ability to develop plans that are thorough, realistic, and effective in meeting goals. Ability to manage the performance of self and others through the use of structured tools and effective delegation. Ability to foster the development of a common vision; provide clear direction and priorities; clarify roles and responsibilities. Ability to accurately assesses strength and development needs of employees; give timely, specific feedback and helpful coaching; provide challenging assignments and opportunities for development. Solid understanding of how to think strategically.
Technical: Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination of techniques and methods. Ability to create an overall message for consistent communications related to a specific topic. Ability to manage the entire process of the creation of communications materials, including brand positioning. Ability to plan sequenced tasks and assignments with appropriate allocation of resources. Ability to effectively and clearly communicate in both written and verbal means. Ability to anticipate customer needs and take action to meet these needs.
Education, Licenses, Certifications
College, university, or equivalent degree in communications, journalism or a related subject required.
Significant level(8 – 12 years) of relevant work experience, including supervisory experience, required. Customer facing experience preferred.
Compensation and Benefits
Base salary rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Primary Location Indianapolis, IN – Cummins DBU Headquarters
Job Type Experienced – Exempt / Office
Recruitment Job Type Exempt – Experienced
Job Posting Oct 15, 2018, 12:44:27 PM
Unposting Date Ongoing
Req ID: 180006UA