Trabus Technologies is accepting applications for a Computer Systems Engineer - Senior (San Diego, CA)
Trabus Technologies (TRABUS) is looking for a Computer Systems Engineer, who can join our team and make an immediate impact through their creativity, enthusiasm and technical abilities. Our Computer Systems Engineer will assist in the development, updating and fielding of tactical Anti-Submarine (ASW) acoustic and tactical decision aids supporting the Naval Surface Warfare Center Carderock Division (NSWC CD) in West Bethesda, MD. We aren’t looking for someone who will simply go through the motions, but someone willing to go beyond expectations, do something important, and make a true difference.
As a Computer Systems Engineer, your responsibilities will include:
- Provide software development, testing, documentation, and integration support for data processing, interface design, containerization, and visualization software. You may assist in the development and drafting of a Software Development Plan (SDP) in order to design, develop, implement, and integrate new software into existing systems.
- Provide signature modeling, as well as associated software/system development, upgrades, integration, testing, and maintenance.
- Develop or integrate capabilities of future signature guidance and recommendations to fleet operators for other platforms, sensors, or systems.
- Design, test, and implement other signature guidance applications to meet emerging requirements, including developing interfaces that will support the exchange and display of information at the appropriate classifications to maintain commonality across signatures guidance systems.
- The Senior Software Developer/Engineer may develop representational state transfer web services and microservices to support fleet and watch floor understanding of the environmental, acoustic and intelligence factors in their Area of Operations (AOR).
You will be a good fit, if you have the following qualifications/certifications:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or high school diploma or equivalent and seven years of experience related applications.
- Six years of experience in some combination of design, development, and implementation of visualization technologies, parallel processing implementations, service-oriented architecture (SOA), signal processing, and/or real-time data analysis systems.
- Experience with Java and Scala programming language.
- Experience with Geographic Information Systems (GIS), Geospatial applications and visualization.
- Experience with DevOps and CI/CD pipeline development and utilization in an agile software environment.
- Experience with Kubernetes, REST, Docker and containerized microservices.
- Experience with commercially available cloud computing service solutions such as Amazon Web Services (AWS).
You will be an even better fit, if you have experience in these areas:
- Three years of experience with NoSQL/NewSQL data stores, and Big Data processing technologies such as Cassandra, Kafka, Spark, etc.
- Master’s Degree from an accredited educational institution in Engineering, Mathematics, Physical Science or Computer Science.
- Six years of experience with evaluation and integration of new technologies and development and maintenance of computer software.
- Four years of experience with visualization technologies and user-interface development, including HTML5, Cesium, and associated toolsets such as Angular and TypeScripts.
- Four years of experience with Kubernetes, REST, Docker and containerized microservices.
- Four years of experience in development and pre-production testing using commercially available cloud computing service solutions such as Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Four years of experience contributing to software development on github or other open-source repositories and extensive background in both back-end and user-facing software components.
- Four years of experience participating in and helping to lead day-to-day activities of a scrum team or other Agile software development team.
We’d expect you to have the following qualifications and education requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or high school diploma or equivalent and five years of experience related applications.
- Information Assurance Technician (IAT) – Level 1: one of the following baseline certifications: CompTIA A+ CE, CCNA-Security, CND, Network+ CE, SSCP
- U. S. Citizenship is required.
- Fully adjudicated Department of Defense Security clearance at the Secret level.
This position requires the candidate to be a US Citizen.
Trabus Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any status protected by federal, state or local discrimination laws.
Our capabilities are widely diversified. From the development of emerging technologies that will revolutionize the wireless industry to engineering support services to the armed services, TRABUS is committed to solving real-world problems through technical innovation.
TRABUS has been recognized by “Inc. 5000” as one of the 5,000 fastest-growing, privately held small companies in the United States the last five years in a row. TRABUS is a dynamic, forward-thinking business ready to engage in and overcome our customers’ challenges.
For more information and to apply for this position click here.
Learn more about Trabus Technologies here.