Logistics Park Dubuque Inc (LDP) is accepting applications for a Conductor/Engineer in Cedar Rapids, IA. At Travero, we believe there is always a way to get to YES. That innovative thinking can overcome any challenge. That being a good partner means delivering – every time. That silos are something you see out the window, not in the office. That a company can exist to serve people with uncommon, common sense. That a good logistics partner makes you better at what you do for your customers. That success requires agility and ambitious action. With experts in brokerage, trucking, rail, trans-loading and warehousing, Travero’s creative solutions allow our customers to focus on the thing they care about most — growing their business.
Travero, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Alliant Energy, is a logistics solutions company with more than 100 years of experience in freight management and delivery. Travero’s focus centers on giving customers a one-stop shop for customized supply chain solutions via our portfolio of transportation and logistics firms.
What Sets Us Apart
- Competitive pay and an excellent benefits package
- A dedication to career growth and development.
- A culture that embraces our core values of live safety, do the right thing, care for others, make things better, act for tomorrow, and think beyond – be bold
CRANDIC-Rail has an open position as a Conductor/Engineer to manage and operate freight trains safely and efficiently while adhering to railway and Federal Railroad Administration rules and procedures.
We are seeking a motivated Conductor/Engineer who will be responsible for the safety, mechanical function and protection of trains and observance of all rules to ensure safe transportation of cargo. In this position you will perform work on and around freight cars, locomotives, and other heavy equipment, including responsibility for the safe and efficient operating of the locomotive. Work is performed outdoors in all weather conditions – including snow, ice, rain, cold and heat. The Conductor/Engineer will place cars to facilitate loading and unloading, makeup and breakdown on trains in the rail yard, industrial plant and proper communication to ensure safe movement of trains, freight cars and locomotives.
The schedule for this position is performed on an irregular 40 hour week with two scheduled consecutive days off.
What you will do
- Responsible for the safety, mechanical function and protection of trains and observance of all rules to ensure safe transportation of cargo. This includes responsibility for the safe and efficient operating of the locomotive.
- Performs work on and around freight cars, locomotives and other heavy equipment. Places cars to facilitate loading and unloading and the makeup and breakdown on trains in a rail yard, industrial plant, or similar location.
- Responsible for proper communication to ensure the safe movement of trains, freight cars and locomotives. This includes communication via hand signals and/or radio. Additional requirements include learning and use of electronic devices for entering car movement, verifying GCOR and rules.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED is required.
- Demonstrated ability to perform tasks with the utmost safety at all times
- Must be comfortable with working outdoors in all kinds of weather, overnights, 8-12 hour shifts
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- This job is covered by the Department of Transportation regulations on drug and alcohol testing (CFR 49, Part 219), and is subject to drug testing according to said regulations.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Proven mechanical aptitude and attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate and assume accountability for high-stress scenarios and situations.
- Previous experience working rotating shifts or shift work is preferred.
- Employee must comply with 35 minute residency requirement.
Our people are passionate about what they do, the product they sell, and the customers they serve. If you're looking for an opportunity to be a part of a work family that values collaboration, innovation and dedication, we're the right company for you.
It's not just what we do; it's how we do it.
Live Safety. Everyone. Always | Make Things Better | Care For Others | Do The Right Thing | Act For Tomorrow | Think Beyond. Be Bold
Travero is committed to providing an inclusive work environment for all and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals.
All candidates selected for employment with Travero and/or Alliant Energy will be required to successfully complete a drug screen and background check.
To learn more and apply for this position, click here.
Learn more about Logistics Park Dubuque Inc. (LPD) here.