Conductor (Woodland, CA)
Rail Link Inc. is accepting applications for a Conductor in Woodland, CA. The person in this position operates track switches, couples and uncouples cars, and performs other duties associated with the movement of trains, cars, and engines in rail yards and on the main railroad. He or she receives, relays, or acts upon oral, written, or radio instructions from the dispatcher, yardmaster, or other personnel indicating the switch movement, placement, or delivery of railroad cars and/or a train.
- Conduct railcar and train movements; signal crew members for movement of the engine or train using lantern, hand, and/or flag signals or radio to indicate when to start, stop, back up, or set or release air brakes
- Observe, interpret, and relay arm, lantern or radio signals and all other indications affecting movement of a train
- Operate track switches (visually check switch condition and direction) to change the direction of the engine or cars within yard limits or on the main railroad; apply or release hand brakes to switch or perform other duties
- Read and understand the book of rules, timetables, bulletins, train orders, waybills, placards, safety instructions, and other written or printed material
- Prepare required daily reports and switch lists, either manually or with a computer; fill out forms, including train orders
- Inspect the condition of the train and equipment in movement and while stationary
- Couple air and electrical connections between locomotives when making up trains
- Assist with other projects and perform other duties as assigned
REQUIRED SKILLS AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Two years of work experience
- Railroad or other relevant industry experience is a plus
- Ability to work in a 24/7 work environment and in outdoor working conditions
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND/OR CREDENTIALS:
- GED, high school diploma, or an equivalent combination of education and/or work experience
- Valid driver’s license
To learn more and apply for this position, click here.
Learn more about Rail Link, Inc. here.