Inland Rivers, Ports and Terminals, Inc. (IRPT) concluded the 2019 Annual Conference in beautiful Baton Rouge at the Raising Cane’s Convention Center on April 25th.
We would like to take this time to express our gratitude and appreciation for our many sponsors, exhibitors, panelists and members in attendance, as we had a tremendous turnout. You helped make this event a great success by sharing your thoughts and experiences while allowing others to share their thoughts and ask questions to help gain a better understanding. It was amazing to see all of the networking and relationship building as we learned of new opportunities, new technologies and the regulatory changes affecting our industry.
We were proud to welcome so many members of IRPT to the Raising Cane’s Convention Center in Baton Rouge and we thank Visit Baton Rouge for promoting the conference and welcoming us to your city.
We hope all whom attended found the conference informative and worthwhile. The primary goal was to bring members and non-members alike together to expand the conversation on inland waterway transportation and learn how to become a more inclusive industry.
We were also blessed to welcome our special guests to Baton Rouge and honor them for their impact to our industry. Our special guests and acknowledgments were:
- Rich Cooper, formerly of the Ports of Indiana was awarded with IRPT’s Lifetime Achievement Award;
- Steve Taylor, formerly of Oakley’s Port 33 was awarded with IRPT’s Most Influential Award;
- Roger Lindner, formerly of Burlington River Terminal was awarded with an IRPT Impact Award;
- Rich Goldstein, formerly of Alter Logistics Company was awarded with an IRPT Impact Award;
The thoughtful presentations of our three-day event gave attendees a considerable amount of content to think about as we learned how they model success in their own careers and lives.
The IRPT conference this year broke all previous attendance records and would not have been possible without the following sponsors:
Port of Greater Baton Rouge
5R Enterprises LLC
Consolidated Terminals & Logistics
Natchez Adams County Port
Port of Morgan City, LA
F & M Mafco
Port of Memphis, TN
Seacor AMH/Ports America
Impala Terminals Burnside
AGRIServices of Brunswick
Alter Logistics Company
Ports of Indiana
Oakley's Port 33
Logistics Services, Inc.
St. Louis Port Authority
Louisiana International DeepWater Transfer Terminal
Mississippi Valley Trade & Transport Council
Hanson Professional Services
Missouri and Louisiana Port Associations
Port of South Louisiana
Visit Baton Rouge
You can access each of those presentations here:
- Inland Port/Terminal Grant Program by Aimee Andres, Inland Rivers, Ports & Terminals, Inc.
All about Infrastructure
- Priorities to Rebuild and 408 Permitting by Durund Elzey, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
- From the Users Board by Marty Hettel, American Commercial Barge Line/Inland Waterways Users Board
Federal Programs and Benefits
- James Murphy, Maritime Administration
- John Henry Jackson, Department of Commerce in New Orleans
FBI Infrastructure Security
- FBI Special Agent Matthew Tarabour (presentation not available)
Regulatory Changes, Decisions and Rulemaking
- Captain Tracy Phillips, U.S. Coast Guard of New Orleans
Institute of Water Resources: Memorandum and more
- Mark Pointon, Institute of Water Resources, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
Keynote Luncheon by Dr. Norma Jean Mattei, Mississippi River Commission
Market Needs (Challenges and Opportunities)
- Agriculture/Forestry: Rene Simon, Louisiana Department of Agriculture & Forestry
- Chemical and Steel: Bruce Lambert, Metro Analytics
- Energy: Tyler Gray, Louisiana Mid-Continent Oil and Gas Association
Anticipated Growth of the Cruise Industry
- Industry Outlook and Attracting Lines by Gary Frommelt, American Queen Steamboat Company (presentation not available)
- Port Priorities and Infrastructure needs by Jeff Monroe, HDR, Inc.
Case Study: Port of Greater Baton Rouge
- Challenges and Opportunities by Jay Hardman, Port of Greater Baton Rouge (presentation not available)
- Business Development by Greg Johnson, Port of Greater Baton Rouge (presentation not available)
Member Team Building offers Benefits to Shippers
- IRPT Teams by Anthony Gex, Consolidated Terminals & Logistics (presentation not available)
Spotlight on Inland Ports
- Mandi Brink, Missouri Port Authority Association
- Brian Wright, Kentucky Riverports Association
Using Foreign Trade and Opportunity Zones
- Erik Autor, National Association of Foreign Trade Zones
- James Chappell, Louisiana Economic Development