Civil & Environmental Consultants, Inc, (CEC) is accepting applications for a Construction Administrator (Charlotte, NC)
Civil & Environmental Consultants, Inc. (CEC) is growing and we are looking for two (2) construction services managers/administrators to join our Civil Engineering Services practice in North Carolina and South Carolina. In this role, your assignments will consist of construction services and management/administration support of new construction projects for a variety of market sectors (Environmental remediation, solid waste, power generation, etc.) across multiple CEC disciplines. You will be required to communicate and coordinate with internal and external engineering and design staff and convey contract document requirements to contractors and field staff. You will assist with pre-bid and preconstruction meetings, evaluate project submittals, track and process change orders and pay applications, monitor construction progress and may supervise the work of other CEC field representatives. You will be an integral part of projects from the design phase to permitting, construction and occupancy.
- 5-10 years of relevant experience;
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, or equivalent experience;
- Ability to accurately read and comprehend construction drawings, specifications, contracts, and other documents;
- Construction experience including general earthwork, public utilities, stormwater management, and erosion control;
- Ability to maintain a complete set of up-to-date contract drawings and specifications;
- Provide construction progress photos, field issues, manpower and incidents as required for proper documentation;
- Develop and manage the punch list and project closeout process to assure a timely completion;
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite.
Civil & Environmental Consultants, Inc. is an engineering and environmental consulting firm with more than 1,000 team members and 23 offices nationwide. Headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, CEC is consistently ranked among the top firms on Engineering News-Record’s annual lists of the Top Design Firms and Top Environmental Firms.
At CEC, every member of our team has a personal stake in ensuring the success of our clients. Because their success is our success. As employee-owners of the firm, we are all personally accountable for building lasting relationships and delivering outstanding results. Because we don’t just work at CEC. We own it.
CEC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information and to apply for this position click here.