LJA Engineering is accepting applications for a Construction and District Engineering Manager (Dallas, Fort Worth and McKinney, TX)
LJA is an employee-owned company, and our people carry pride into their projects and their workplaces. We have talented employees across the nation and are always looking for exceptional individuals to join the LJA team. With 40 office locations, LJA is growing and ready for talented people to help us build our future. We offer great benefits and are 100% employee owned.
We currently have an opening on the Land Development team for a Manager of the Construction and District Engineering group.
LJA is seeking a team oriented, self-motivated individual to fill the position of a Construction and District Engineering Manager. The position functions as the group manager which includes leading a team, organizing, executing, and coordinating specifications, and construction contract documents for Special Districts such as Municipal Utility District (MUD), Water Control & Improvement Districts (WCID) and Fresh Water Supply Districts (FWSD). Candidate will attend District meetings and function as District Engineer. Additionally, this position manages the Construction Inspection and Management employee-owners. The position requires strong leadership and communication skills with team members, clients, and governmental agencies.
- Primary contact for Clients, serving as District Engineer for multiple Special Districts.
- Responsible for planning, scheduling, and coordinating assigned engineering work on multiple projects, including meeting schedules and budgets.
- Ability to lead meetings with Clients, consultants, team members and governmental agencies independently, without assistance.
- Knowledge of governmental public and private development codes and ordinance of multiple jurisdictions, design, bidding and construction administration processes, typical District operation, TCEQ rules and Bond Issues.
- Supervision of engineering and support personnel; develop and mentor team members on a daily basis.
- Coordinate with District operators and other consultants on District operations.
- Create, maintain, and improve processes for the management of Special Districts, public bidding, and Construction Administration.
- Collaborate with Senior Managers and provide input on the direction of the group.
- Bachelor of Science, Civil Engineering
- Licensed Professional Engineer in the State of Texas
- 6+ years of Special District or applicable Municipal experience
- 2+ years of District Engineer experience preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to build strong relationships and lead a team.
LJA Engineering is an equal opportunity employer.
Please click here to learn more or apply.
Learn more about LJA Engineering here.