Construction Engineering Technician (Toledo, OH)
Civil & Environmental Consultants, Inc, (CEC) is accepting applications for a Construction Engineering Technician (Toledo, OH)
As a Construction Engineering Technician for Civil & Environmental Consultants, Inc. (CEC), you’ll work in the civil engineering practice in our Toledo, OH office. This is a full-time position with the responsibility of working on a variety of construction projects. The majority of your time will be spent in the field and traveling to and from sites. You will gain experience by working with contractors and our technical team and interfacing with our clients and regulatory personnel.
Your duties will include:
- Inspection of construction sites to monitor progress and ensure conformance with engineering plans, specifications and construction and safety standards;
- Collection of environmental samples for various waste and industrial clients;
- Completion of survey activities; and
- Completion of appropriate paperwork, equipment maintenance, and preparation of field reports and database management.
- 0-4 years of experience in construction observation or related field;
- Mechanical skills and attention to detail;
- Valid driver’s license, clean driving record, and ability to operate a pickup truck; and,
- Ability to work independently in the field in varying weather conditions with strict adherence to operating procedures and safety policies.
- Experience with landfill construction and environmental remediation projects;
- Familiarity with basic survey techniques and instrumentation;
- Technical degree (engineering, science or related field);
- OSHA 40-hr HAZWOPER training and 8-hr refresher (if applicable);
- Troxler nuclear moisture-density gauge certification;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel;
- Ability to speak and write professionally; and
- Experience with AutoCAD.
Civil & Environmental Consultants, Inc. is an engineering and environmental consulting firm with more than 1,000 team members and 23 offices nationwide. Headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, CEC is consistently ranked among the top firms on Engineering News-Record’s annual lists of the Top Design Firms and Top Environmental Firms.
At CEC, every member of our team has a personal stake in ensuring the success of our clients. Because their success is our success. As employee-owners of the firm, we are all personally accountable for building lasting relationships and delivering outstanding results. Because we don’t just work at CEC. We own it.
CEC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information and to apply for this position click here.