We are excited to share once again TranSystems has been recognized as a top 100 design firm by Engineering News-Record in 2022. For more than 50 years, TranSystems has committed to a mission of performing engineering and architectural planning, design, and construction solution services in a manner that is both safe and in compliance with all applicable regulatory and client requirements. At TranSystems, we have established and continue to nurture a culture that is committed to providing quality services for our clients. We’re looking for top talent to grow with our firm.
What you'll be challenged to do:
Entry level position to assist higher level inspector(s) with inspections and oversees construction work to ensure that procedures and materials comply with plans and specifications by performing the following duties. Testing and documenting results of work performed, with problems referred to supervisor.
General Duties & Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Perform basic mathematical calculations and follow simple technical instructions.
- Assist higher-level inspectors.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Measures distances to verify accuracy of dimensions.
- Observes work in progress to ensure that procedures followed, and materials used conform to specifications.
- Prepares samples of unapproved materials for laboratory testing.
- Examines workmanship of finished installations for conformity to standard and approves installation.
- Records quantities of materials received or used during specified periods.
- Maintains daily log of construction and inspection activities and compares progress reports.
- Maintain construction safety practices and work methods for compliance
- Begins to work independently, but requires supervision
What you bring to our firm:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED). Requires 0 to 3 years experience with basic familiarity with construction procedures.
- Must obtain FDOT Intermediate MOT within the first six months of the assignment. Possess a valid Class “E” driver’s license.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Word software and Internet software.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Ability to use basic Algebra.
- Actively engages multiple perspectives when solving problems, seeks to learn from peers, and encourages reciprocal learning among team members.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Travel to work locations may involve out-of –state travel with short or long term assignments.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk, use hand and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone keyboard, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 80-90 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus. The employee must be able to work in a variety of climates (hot, cold) and inclement weather.
TranSystems is proud to be an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer and ensures nondiscrimination and equal employment opportunity in all programs and activities in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex, age, national origin, pregnancy status, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status, disability, protected Veteran status or any other status protected by law. In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, we will hire only U.S. citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States (if the position is or will be one which is subject to U.S. law).
As the employer of choice, we are committed to action and strive for a company that reflects the vast diversity of our country and the communities we serve. TranSystems is committed to embracing diversity in all forms, including race, culture, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, thought and religious background. We acknowledge the impacts of prejudice and discrimination on historically underserved communities. We commit to establishing a more diverse, inclusive and positive work environment that drives innovation.
Recruiters or staffing agencies: TranSystems is not obligated to compensate any external recruiter or search firm who presents a candidate, their resume, or profile to a TranSystems employee without 1) a current, fully-executed agreement on file and 2) being assigned to the open position (as a search) via our applicant tracking solution.
To learn more and apply for this position, click here.
Learn more about TranSystems here.