Garver is accepting applications for a Construction Inspector (Colby, Dodge City, Fort Scott, Garden City, Goodland, Great Bend, Hays, Overland Park, Pittsburg, Salina, Topeka, and Wichita, KS; Kansas City, MO)
Garver has openings Construction Inspectors whose primary duties will include the inspection and observation of roadway, bridge, airports, water & wastewater facilities, and utility construction projects.
This position will be responsible for observing, inspecting, material testing, and documenting construction activities and will be under the supervision of the Project Engineer or Manager assigned to a specific project. This position will work to ensure that the project is built in accordance with project plans and specifications under which the contract was awarded. The candidate selected for this position will report directly to Garver’s Construction Services Team Leader.
Primary responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to:
- Interacting with clients, contractors, the public, and Garver staff in the course of work
- Regular use of written and oral communication skills
- Reading and interpreting data, information, construction plans, project specifications, testing reports, schedules, and other documents
- Analyzing and solving problems
- Observing and interpreting situations on construction job sites
- Performing highly detailed work on multiple, concurrent tasks
- Working under intense deadlines
- Perform construction materials testing to verify contract compliance
- Assuring the quality of contractor's work meets the contract requirements and reviewing any discrepancies with the client's Resident Engineer and/or Garver Project Manager.
- Prepare daily reports of all construction activities, weather, personnel, materials, and equipment on site.
- Measure, calculate, and report quantities of work performed to produce progressive pay estimates.
Applicants must be capable of considerable physical activity in an outdoor setting including but not limited to light lifting, bending, stooping and climbing, walking and standing for prolonged periods of time, and regularly operating motorized vehicles. All applicants must consent to a background check, drug screen, motor vehicle report as a requirement of employment.
Grow With Us
Garver offers its employees highly competitive salary packages, attractive benefits, programs such as a comprehensive wellness program, company-paid professional memberships, company support for industry licenses and continuing education opportunities that foster a progressive atmosphere. Garver provides the tools, resources, and environment to develop leaders, stimulate ideas, and successfully accomplish projects.
- Experience in construction inspections and materials testing
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Current and valid driver's license
- Proficient with MS Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Strong written and verbal communication experience
- Possess inspection and/or material testing certifications for Missouri or Kansas DOT
- KDOT Inspection & Materials Sampling Certifications
- Civil 3D and/or MicroStation experience
- Working knowledge of KDOT Specifications
- Experience with Construction Management Software or AASHTOWare
- Experience in observing roadway, bridge, airports, water & wastewater facilities, and utility construction projects.
- Coursework in Construction Management
- Certified Concrete Technician (ACI Certification)
- Traffic Control/Safety training
- Other testing and inspection certifications
Founded in 1919, Garver is an employee-owned multi-disciplined engineering, planning, architectural, and environmental services firm with nearly 800 employees across the United States. Offering a wide range of services focused on aviation, construction, facilities design, federal, survey, transportation, and water, Garver sits in the top 125 of the Engineering News-Record's prestigious Top 500 Design Firms list and is consistently recognized as a best firm to work for. Learn more at GarverUSA.com.
Garver is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Our employment practices are based upon an individual's capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by law.
For more information and to apply click here.