HDR, Inc. is accepting applications for a Construction Inspector I (Phoenix and Tucson, AZ)
We have an exceptional opportunity for an Entry Level Construction Inspector to join our growing Construction Control Corporation.
The primary duties of the entry level Construction Inspector position include conducting and documenting observations of construction as it progresses. These duties may include conducting or coordinating concrete slump and air testing, casting concrete test cylinders, and performing in-place soil compaction testing. The Construction Inspector monitors records and inspects progress on construction projects while maintaining daily records. They may have involvement in client development and project pursuits and receives general supervision from the Senior Inspector who reviews work while in progress.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Technical school or college degree beneficial.
- 2+ years’ experience inspecting transportation construction projects preferred.
- ACI and ATTI certifications or the ability to obtain within 6 months of hire is required.
- Experience in MS Office (Word Excel Outlook).
- Strong written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- This position typically requires successfully passing drug-screening procedures prior to being hired; thereafter subject to random and cause drug and alcohol testing.
- HDR is a drug and alcohol free environment.
At HDR, we know work isn’t only about who you work for; it’s also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other’s contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.
At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That’s why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch our 'About Us' video
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
At HDR, we are committed to the principles of employment equity. We are an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information and to apply click here.