Are we the road to your future?
Volkert is employee owned and a Top 100 design firm, committed to delivering the future of infrastructure in three key areas of service: Design + Engineering, Planning + Environmental, and Program + Construction Management.
We are currently searching for an experienced Construction Manager to lead our Construction Engineering and Inspection services in West Tennessee.
This position will work alongside our Operations Manager to grow and lead our CEI practice in West Tennessee. This position is responsible for complex construction inspection tasks as well as marketing, business development, client contact, and the growth of the Construction Inspection Services.
What you’ll be doing:
- Direct, schedule, and supervise inspection staff on construction assignments
- Complete inspection services and documentation as required by project assignments
- Track project budgets and schedules
- Review and approve monthly invoices
- Complete project records as required
- Coordinate and communicate with clients and contractors
- Assist the State Operations Manager with marketing and business development tasks as needed
What you need to have:
- B.S. in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or equivalent
- 10+ years of experience in Construction Inspection for Heavy Civil and Transportation construction
- TDOT Experience is preferred
- Must be willing to travel on a routine basis to field offices and project sites
- Experience in Bridge and Highway construction projects with demonstrated knowledge of contractor means and methods
- Knowledge and understanding of project controls, including CPM scheduling, cost estimating, contract administration, and change order and claims analysis
- Demonstrated skills in negotiating, coordinating and directing work of subcontractors, and in developing strong working relationships with general contractor personnel, subcontractors, inspectors, and other related parties
- Characteristics of a successful Volkert team member:
- Be a brand ambassador for the company who engages in diversity and inclusion
- Be self-motivated to meet individual goals and maintain accountability in a team environment
- Exercise initiative and independent judgement in the solution of work problems
- Be able to communicate effectively- verbal and written
- Be able to multi-task in a team environment
- Competitive compensation
- Flexibility and a positive work/life balance
- Challenging and innovative projects
- Employee referral program
- Professional development
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- 401(k) retirement savings plan + employer matching
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and holidays
- Medical, Dental, & Vision
- Employer-Paid Life/AD&D insurance
- Employer-Paid short-term disability and long-term disability
- Wellness incentives
- Additional voluntary benefits
To learn more and apply for this position, click here.