Hanson Professional Services, Inc. is accepting applications for Construction Observer (Lisle and Springfield, IL; Indianapolis, IN; St. Louis, MO)
This position will be responsible for observation and documentation of paving, drainage, utility, lighting, structural and site development for construction projects.
- Represent owner in monitoring construction activities for compliance with plans and specifications;
- Coordinate and observe onsite construction materials testing;
- Coordinate and communicate field construction activities with contractor and designers.
- High School Diploma/equivalent
- A minimum of 2 years of construction experience
- Current driver’s license
In addition to the minimum qualifications above the following will result in a more competitive candidate:
- DOT Certified Technician Program Certifications
- DOT Storm Water Management Certified
- DOT SiteManager Certified
- Department of Transportation project experience and familiarity with the respective agency documentation and material testing certifications; and
- Candidates must be able to work as a team member as well as independently, have the desire to learn new skills, be self-motivated, and possess good interpersonal communication skills.
Working at Hanson:
Must be available to travel for out-of-town assignments
This position has a periodic and variable project work schedule. Hours vary based on project demands including potential required overtime. Compensation is provided for overtime.
Our RPR/Construction Observation positions offer a variety of benefits including:
- Potential for project-based start-up signing bonuses
- High value compensation potential
- Opportunities for company paid continuing education and training
Hanson specializes in engineering, planning and a range of allied services. We’re an employee-owned, award-winning consulting firm with offices across the United States.
Since 1954, our clients have known us as a trusted partner, committed to their success and capable of handling challenging projects. From planning and design to construction and completion, we’ll take a hands-on approach to your project with a clear focus on your goals, budget and timeline.
For more information and to apply click here.