Port of Coeymans/Carver Companies is accepting applications for a Construction Project Manager (Coeymans, NY)
For over 30 years, Carver Companies fundamental belief has been to provide unparalleled service all while maintaining our values of honesty and integrity both on Land & Sea.
With locations up and down the east coast, including the Capital District of Upstate NY, Brayton Point in Mass, North Charleston Carver Maritime, Port Manatee in Florida, and our latest addition - Carver Canada in New Brunswick.
Our core competencies consist of General & Marine Construction, Sand and Gravel Mining, Property Maintenance, Port, Stevedoring, Terminal & Warehouse Management Maritime & Logistics, and Tug and Barge Marine Towing.
We strive to inspire our diverse, well-rounded work force and management team to always perform at the highest levels of safety and professionalism. We deliver service by maintaining a reputation where our unquestionable VALUES of honesty and integrity drive our actions on and off the job.
What we have to offer you:
• Medical Insurance (great plan choices with reasonable premiums!)
• Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays
• 401k Retirement Savings Plan with up to an 8% MATCH!!
• Group Life Insurance Plan
• Short & Long Term Disability Plans
• Employee Investment Opportunity with Carver Group Ventures
• Career Development Opportunities
• Casual Dress Code
• Voluntary Dental, Vision, Life and AFLAC plans also available!
Summary / Objective:
We are seeking an experienced Project Manager for Building Construction to join our team.
This is a great opportunity to join a fast growing company, offering great benefits. Health, dental, vision, group life, 401k with an 8% match, paid holidays and more! The Project Manager is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, evaluation and controlling the execution of the project contracts to meet Carver Companies standards including cost, quality, safety, profitability, and completion in a timely manner.
The Project Manager has comprehensive and advanced knowledge of the construction industry, serving as the liaison between the Carver Construction team and the client. Strong communication skills are essential to adapt to the various procedures and protocols of the owner and will work closely with owner representatives to ensure that key issues such as time, quality, cost, and customer satisfaction are all achieved.
- Manage all aspects of the construction from bid to completion of the contract
- Formulate and execute project schedule
- Responsible for obtaining sub-contractor estimates and bids, and managing subcontractors' progress against plan and schedule
- Effectively manage employee, equipment and material requirements on a weekly basis
- Encourage and positively contribute to the companys strong safety culture
- Oversee the construction schedule, budget and ensure the project is completed within deadline and under budget by using cost tracking procedures
- Perform periodic on-site walk-throughs to ensure contract performance, safety compliance, and quality control
- Attend weekly meetings with the owner to discuss the progress and any potential issues/concerns
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Preparing cost estimates for changed conditions and negotiation of change orders
- Effectively communicate relevant project information to the construction team
- Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion
Qualifications, Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Construction Management or 5 years of construction management experience
- Prior project management experience in site/building
- Past experience in construction project management with demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects with contract values of $5 million and up.
- Working knowledge of construction procedures, scheduling and subcontractor management
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and quality
- Ability to read and interpret construction plans and specs
- Ability to bid and estimate projects independently or as a team
- Understanding of Timberline PM software or similar
- HCSS knowledge is a plus
Medical Insurance, group life, vacation, paid holidays, 401k w/ 8% match. Dental, vision, Aflac available.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.