Construction Superintendent II
Field Operations – Willmar, Minnesota
The Superintendent position will supervise construction projects, perform daily inspections of work performed and act as liaison and coordinator between contractors to solve problems that arise.
Essential Functions include:
- Manage job safety and quality standards of all jobs, and ensure that all quality assurance and company standards are being met.
- Monitor and adhere to established budgetary guidelines for job, and ensure that cost control measures are being followed.
- Manage job schedule and coordinate work with contractors and deliveries with suppliers and ensure inspections are scheduled appropriately.
- Build effective relationships with customers, design team, subcontractors, and suppliers that reflect and support Marcus Construction core values and meets or exceeds the customer’s expectations.
- Portray a positive attitude and demonstrates professional customer service skills.
- Minimum of 3 years in the commercial construction industry with a proven ability to manage projects and identify key issues in moderately complex situations.
- Experience utilizing industry relevant software - Primavera P6 and Procore preferred.
- Willing to travel throughout the US and Canada
- Ability to understand project scheduling and cost control, and to read and understand project owner specifications and engineering drawings.
- Good attention to detail with the ability to recognize discrepancies.
- Strong organization/time management skills.
- Able to meet deadlines and put in the time needed to get the job done.
- Work independently as well as part of a team.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and proof of insurance.
- OSHA 30 certification preferred
Physical Demands/Working Environment: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the Superintendent position to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms, lift and/or carry up to 50 pounds, balance, bend stoop or kneel, climb, push/pull, and squat crouch or crawl.
Frequent exposure to marked changes in temperature or humidity and the extremes thereof and moderate noise levels.
Successful completion of a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and background check required.
Marcus Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
To apply to this position with Marcus Construction, please click here