LJA Engineering is accepting applications for a Contract Administrator - Corporate (Houston, TX)
LJA is an employee-owned company, and our people carry pride into their projects and their workplaces. We have talented employees across the nation and are always looking for exceptional individuals to join the LJA team. With 40 office locations, LJA is growing and ready for talented people to help us build our future. We offer great benefits and are 100% employee owned.
We currently have an opening on the Corporate team as a Contracts Administrator in the Legal department.
- Drafts, reviews, and edits legal filings, contracts, business agreements, and other business communications.
- Maintains corporate governance documents and files.
- Tracks important project and legal deadlines.
- Prepares, proofreads, and edits business correspondence and invoicing.
- Files correspondence and other documents.
- Interfaces with accounting to open new jobs and ensure proper billing.
- Assists in scheduling and confirming meetings.
- Provides administrative support to legal staff.
- This in-house position is akin to a “paralegal” position in a law firm. Candidates with paralegal qualifications or experience are encouraged to apply.
- Bachelor’s degree (may be substituted with 4 years’ work experience)
- 3+ years of work experience
- Knowledge of common business software
- Excellent proofreading and editing skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be dependable and possess sense of urgency
- Able to work effectively in a team environment; ability to accurately work under pressure in meeting deadlines
Ability to define routine problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions to solve routine problems and/or deal with a variety of variables in situations. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to read and understand complex legal documents.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision in order to accurately input data and proofread; distance vision in order to recognize and assist visitors to the department. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
LJA Engineering is an equal opportunity employer.
Please click here to learn more or apply.
Learn more about LJA Engineering here.