Great Lakes Dredge & Dock Company LLC is accepting applications for a Contract Financial Analyst in Houston, TX.
The Contract Financial Analyst will provide support to the Contracts and Operations Departments and report to The Vice President of FP&A. This position will have interactions with Senior Management, all Great Lakes Dredge & Dock Corporation Departments, Project Management and Equipment Managers, and with clients, both governmental and private. Candidate must be able to work on multiple projects with tight deadlines.
About the Company:
Great Lakes Dredge & Dock Corporation is the largest provider of dredging, land reclamation and beach nourishment services in the United States, and the only U.S. dredging company with international operations. With the largest and most diverse dredging fleet in the US, Great Lakes serves a wide range of customers including the US Army Corps of Engineers; state, local and foreign governments; and private companies both international and domestic. Headquartered in Houston, TX GLDD has more than 200 pieces of dredging plant located strategically throughout North America and in various locations throughout the world.
- Develop, review and maintain Company’s Equipment Rates
- Develop, review and maintain Payroll Rates (Union, Non-Union and Prevailing Wage)
- Develop, review and maintain company's Rate Book
- Aid in preparation of Requests for Proposals and Request for Equitable Adjustments Certified Cost Packages, involving contract cost analysis, variance analysis, equipment and payroll rates and evidence collection.
Other Potential Responsibilities
- Maintain Historical Cost Database
- ERP System Development for Contracts Department
- Apply for, maintain multiple general contractor/specialist licenses, and work on prequalifications for government agencies and private clients.
- Assist Legal Department with Contractual Legal Issues when they arise. Usually involves investigation of an issue in relation to contract or governmental regulations.
- Work with Accounting, Finance, and Project Site Management to track invoicing to client in order to increase collections and reduce outstanding receivables.
- Review of Small Business Plans, Policy and help with monthly and/or bi-annual reports to government clients. Maintain SB Reporting Module on ERP. Assist in transactional and vendor review before reporting period.
- Maintain, update and troubleshoot Government and Private Contract Systems that GLDD uses
- FAR and DFAR Review
- Budget and Variance Analysis.
- Other Special Projects as they arise.
- Master's in Finance or MBA preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 4 Years in Construction Accounting or Finance
- Knowledge of financial forecasting
- Detail and results oriented
- Leadership and business acumen
- Expert level problem solver and analytical skills
- Ability to take complex data and find the key metrics
- Desire to learn and grow in the role
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written, verbal and communication skills.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Knowledge of FAR/DFAR highly preferred.
- Knowledge of ERP Systems Functionality or ability to learn ERP system quickly.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat DC Required.
- Ability to manage and execute several tasks with tight deadlines.
- Ability to work in either a Team or an Independent setting, depending on project requirements.
- Ability to work across departments to get a task accomplished.
- Competitive salary and bonus program.
- 401(k) program that includes 100% company matching of the first 6% of employee contributions with immediate vesting.
- Annual profit-sharing contributions by the company to participants’ 401(k) accounts based on company’s annual performance.
- Medical, Dental, Prescription, Life and Disability insurance plans.
To learn more and apply for this position, click here.
Learn more about Great Lakes Dredge & Dock Company LLC here.