Contractor Quality Control Manager-Seasonal (Chicago, IL)
J.F. Brennan is accepting applications for a Contractor Quality Control Manager-Seasonal in Chicago, IL.
We are looking for an onsite Contractor Quality Control (CQC) Manager (Seasonal) whose primary function is to oversee the completion of construction projects meeting all contract requirements in Downtown Chicago, IL from November to April.
If you have a proven background in construction and leading projects while maintaining a high level of professionalism, then we think you’d be an excellent fit for our team.
Contractor Quality Control Manager Responsibilities:
- Responsible for and coordinates all quality control system implementation on the project and has the authority to act in all CQC matters
- Oversees quality aspects of the project, including management of all quality control activities, personnel, and reporting as required
- Perform all quality control inspecting and testing
- Maintain current records providing factual evidence that required quality control activities and/or tests have been performed
- Examine the quality control methods being used to determine if the contractor is properly controlling design activities in design-build contracts
- Make certain that the necessary changes are made in the quality control system
- Apply specialized construction skills to ensure the work is being done properly
- Track daily project progress, operational management activities, submittal preparation and review as it relates the quality compliance.
- Other job-related duties necessary to carry out the responsibilities of this position
Contractor Quality Control Manager Qualifications:
- Must be a graduate engineer or a graduate of construction management
- Minimum 10 years of construction experience on construction contracts
- Ability to be always onsite during construction
- Strong construction background (Marine construction preferred)
- Knowledge of construction, project management, and design-build construction obtained through a combination of experience and education
- Demonstrated leadership ability, problem solving skills and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Knowledge of project management control systems (scheduling, cost control, procurement, value engineering and estimating)
Who is Brennan?
J.F. Brennan Company, Inc. (Brennan) is a 100-year-old, family-owned company that specializes in water-based environmental remediation and marine construction headquartered in La Crosse, WI that offers our employees growth, challenging work, empowerment, and meaningful work. Brennan is known for tackling complex maritime projects, providing unique solutions through teamwork and collaboration, and maintaining a family-orientated culture.
Why choose us?
- We are a company voted by our employees as a certified Great Place to Work®, for the fifth year in a row.
- Our culture sets us apart. We strive to make our company the best possible place to work. We work hard to continue to build a culture in which every individual is important and the key to our success.
- Our focus on safety and quality is unmatched in the industry, and our ability to innovate has enabled us to succeed.
- We are a family-focused company and are determined to provide a rewarding career that offers above-average compensation.
- We offer an industry-leading benefits package. We are proud to offer our employees and their families group health, dental and vision insurance plans, 401(K) program with generous matching, annual bonus eligibility and profit-sharing program.
- We also provide a Work-Life Balance Program, which provides a balanced schedule and additional premium while in the field.
J.F. Brennan Company, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
To learn more and apply for this position, click here.
Learn more about J.F. Brennan here.