Arcosa Lightweight is searching for a Control Process Operator for our FRAZIER PARK, CA plant. In this role you will support a positive safety culture by supporting the activities and staff within a 24/7 aggregate environment that is regulated by MSHA safety standards.
As a Control Process Operator you will maintain production through proper temperature, process speed and components.
Arcosa Lightweight is a leading producer and distributor in the Western and Southwestern U.S. of lightweight and natural aggregates, including expanded shale and clay, crushed stone, sand and gravel, asphalt rock, and other products.
What You'll Do:
• Comply with all industry safety rules, procedures and applicable government regulations
• Operate equipment, including, but not limited to, the Kilns, Coolers, and finish Screens
• Operate independently without supervision
• Monitor all equipment in the plant, such as temperatures, pressures and amp gauges; interpret gauges, charts and instruments to make adjustments as necessary
• Operate kilns by making necessary adjustments to rate of fuel flow, speed, draft and other process variables
• Collect and run process samples with various instruments and devices
• Work in cooperation with lab personnel, produce quality products, cross train and run samples to effectively learn the chemistry of clinker and cement products and by-products
• Be accountable for personnel and equipment safety, production rates, emissions and other process variables as assigned
• Answer incoming calls in a professional manner, directing calls as needed
• Perform other duties as assigned
What You'll Need:
• Prompt, regular, and predictable attendance.
• The ability to stand, stoop, bend, lift, walk, climb stairs, ladders and catwalks up to 60 feet as required and lift weights up to 60 pounds on occasion
• The ability to work in a varied outdoor environment (cold, hot, dry, dusty, rainy)
• One years’ previous manufacturing experience, preferred
• Ability to operate processing plant