This is an on-site position.
Salary Range: $96,000 – $144,000*
*Salary commensurate with education and experience
Benefits include Medical/Dental/Retirement/PTO
THE PORT AUTHORITY
First established in 1929 by the Minnesota Legislature to manage the Saint Paul Harbor, the Saint Paul Port Authority (SPPA) was granted inland economic development authority in 1955. With four river ports and 17 inland business centers, our mission is to expand the tax base, serve as a conduit to quality job opportunities, advance sustainable and equitable development, and advocate for river commerce.
This is a rare opportunity for an experienced accounting professional to join the Saint Paul Port Authority finance team. As the Controller, reporting to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO), you will have the opportunity to oversee the financial side of a wide range of high-profile projects across the City of Saint Paul. In addition to day-to-day requirements, you will be instrumental in helping us meet our strategic goals and stay true to our mission.
THE IDEAL FIT
You will be successful in this role by demonstrating that you’re a self-starter with a high level of social and emotional intelligence. A problem-solver who leads by example. A leader who can establish and enforce expectations and responsibilities. And someone who understands public finance and can build relationships with key stakeholders.
- Direct the organization’s public finance and accounting practices
- Manage accounting department staff
- Oversee Tax Increment Financing (TIF) reporting and assist with the development of new TIF districts
- Oversee annual State and Federal A-133 audit process
- Coordinate accounting and financial reporting for various projects and related compliance monitoring for grants received by the Port Authority
- Assist CFO in overseeing banking relationships and financial transactions
- Assist CFO and bond counsel in issuance of bonds
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- 5+ years relative experience with banking, public finance, or taxation
- CPA preferred
WORKING AT THE PORT AUTHORITY
At the Saint Paul Port Authority, we are a small but mighty team. If you’re interested in wearing multiple hats and working for a fast-paced, results-driven organization, this is the place for you. You will be joined by colleagues who are committed to being collaborative, innovative, and risk-taking, while always working with integrity.
The Saint Paul Port Authority offers a best-in-class benefits package focused on supporting the health and wellness of our employees. We believe in work-life balance with an environment that offers flexibility. This includes generous health and retirement plans and paid time off. Parking in downtown Saint Paul is provided.
The Saint Paul Port Authority is committed to building a diverse team that reflects our community. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To learn more and apply for this position click here.
To learn more about Saint Paul Port Authority click here.