Canal Barge is accepting applications for a Cook (Inland Waterways).
Canal Barge Company Cooks work on our fleet of Inland Towing Vessels. The primary responsibilities of Cooks are to provide well-balanced, nutritious meals for CBC vessel employees while maintaining a clean, safe and orderly galley.
Qualified candidates must be safety conscious and able to work in a physically demanding environment. The work schedule consists of 28 days on and 28 days off with travel reimbursement. All applicants must have favorable work references, a valid driver's license and must puss a pre-employment physical examination and drug screen.
Primary Job Duties
- Prepare three well balanced meals per day for the crew
- Operate a net, clean, safe and orderly galley
- Order, manage and maintain groceries under guidance from the Vessel Master
- Support the Canal Barge Company safety culture and follow all safety and hygiene policies
- Climbing ladders and stairs
- Repetitive bending and stooping
- Handling kitchen equipment
- Lifting objects from various levels ranging from 10 - 30 pounds
Canal Barge constantly seeks to make marine transportation as efficient as possible while ensuring the safety of your cargo and the environment with state-of-the-art equipment and the most highly skilled employees the industry has to offer.
For more information and to apply for this position click here.