Corporate Safety Director (Leawood, KS)
The Corporate Safety Director works closely with company leadership to cultivate and promote the company’s Incident & Injury Free™ culture. This individual plans, directs and implements the Company safety program to ensure a safe, healthy and productive work environment exists throughout the company. This individual fosters a commitment to Safety in the daily performance of all work performed. Our Corporate Safety Director plays a critical role in supporting the company’s core values.
- Leads the company’s safety program
- Assists in setting up and maintaining a safe jobsites and ensures ongoing compliance with safety rules and regulations at all locations
- Maintains an active incident management program
- Performs on-site audits to identify unsafe operations, risks and compliance issues
- Oversees and supports safety meeting implementation and documentation
- Serves as the company safety subject matter expert with clients, regulators and employees
- Develops and analyzes reporting to identify trends and indicators to help prevent future incidents
- Identifies, creates and conducts safety training for compliance with all safety requirements
- Develops and mentors jobsite safety professionals
- Participates in relevant industry associations and forums
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of training and related experience Degree in Occupational Safety/Health is a plus
- At least 10 years construction safety experience
- Must have OSHA30 certification
- Thorough understanding of federal, state, and local safety regulations
- Knowledge of OSHA and Coast Guard safety regulations
- Skilled in hazard recognition, record keeping and implementation of corrective measures
- Willingness to work with others and help lead and improve our company safety culture
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- Ability to train and educate others
Massman Construction Co. is a leading national heavy civil, bridge, and marine contractor providing innovation and adding value in a variety of infrastructure markets. Our primary clients are Departments of Transportation, the United States Army Corps of Engineers, barge & ship dock owners, and Class 1 railroads. In addition to being an award-winning organization, we offer some of the best benefits in the industry. We inspire our employees to work and live a safe, healthy, and fulfilling lifestyle.
At Massman Construction Co. you will earn:
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience and capabilities.
- An excellent benefits package including top tier health insurance, life insurance, health savings account, long term disability insurance, access to dental and vision insurance, and more.
- An outstanding retirement program including a 401(k) plan with a company match and a discretionary profit- sharing contribution.
To learn more and apply for this position: