SSA Marine is accepting applications for a Corporate/Technical Recruiter (Seattle, WA)
- Do you have full cycle recruiting experience and like the team feeling of being an ‘in house’ recruiter but the flexibility to work from home or where the searches take you half of the time?
- Have you had substantial experience with tech recruiting? We have an exciting in house, stand alone tech company start up that also houses our IT department! It is fast paced and needs a creative thinker to source tech candidates in a new way to find the best out there to grow our Tideworks company with tomorrow’s leaders in maritime technology.
- Do you love figuring out new and better ways of finding talent and using technology to build work flows?
- Have you had experience building new human capital management systems, applicant tracking systems and HRIS?
- Do you want to work for an established and stable company but with the feel of a start up?
We offer the ability to move fast and creatively and help us grow with our current and future systems to achieve industry best practices and hire the best in a competitive job market.
This is a lead recruiter role with heavy tech recruiting responsibility coupled with assistance setting up new HCM/ATS systems using your expertise. Full cycle recruiting experience is needed along with your creativity finding great sourcing avenues!
The Corporate Recruiter is responsible for delivering all facets of recruiting success throughout the organization for the Corporate and Tideworks positions. This will be achieved through a full-cycle recruiting method, such as development of recruiting plans, employing traditional sourcing strategies and resources, - developing new, creative recruiting ideas, pre-boarding requirements, and developing and improving upon the onboarding process. The Corporate Recruiter will play a critical role in ensuring we are hiring and retaining the best possible talent.
- Establish recruiting requirements by studying organization structure, plans and objectives; meet with department managers to discuss hiring needs.
- Understand and is able to speak to technology, technical roles, and technical skills.
- Responsible for full recruitment cycle for Corporate & Technology positions within US.
- Work with outside immigration counsel facilitate the immigration process including non-immigrant (i. e. EAD, H-1B, TN, and L visas) and immigration petitions (permanent residence sponsorship) as it relates to extensions, amendments, transfers, and terminations.
- Build applicant sources by researching and contacting employment agencies, community services, colleges, media, and internet sites; providing organization information, opportunities, and benefits; making presentations; maintaining rapport.
- Partner with HR Team to promote the Company at a variety of recruitment functions such as job fairs, university and college career days, and career events targeted for special populations.
- Determine applicant requirements by reviewing corporate and technology job descriptions and job qualifications.
- Review applicant qualifications by creating interview questions, conducting phone screens/interviewing applicants; analyzing responses; verifying references; comparing qualifications to job requirements.
- Partner with hiring management to coordinate schedules for interviews; arrange travel and lodging if necessary; act as a liaison between applicant and hiring manager during the interview process.
- Ensure compliance is being met regarding employment authorization, this includes Form I-9 review and completion and E-Verify processing, background checks and reference checks for corporate and technology positions.
- Take a leading role in implementing, managing, and suggesting improvements for applicant tracking and HRIS recruiting and onboarding systems.
- Partner with Hiring Manager regarding a need for new employee relocation, if applicable, by determining new employee requirements.
- Create and update new hire packets and ensure all pre-employment paperwork is up to date.
- Partner with HR and Payroll to ensure pre-employment requirements and background checks are completed prior to first day of work for Corporate and Technology positions.
- Meet with new employees on their first day for all onboarding activities.
- Improve organization attractiveness by recommending new policies and practices, monitoring job offers and compensation practices, emphasizing benefits and perks, and updating social media.
- Partner with the HR Team to develop and expand our diversity in hiring practices, increasing opportunities for diverse candidates in an inclusive workplace.
- Avoid legal challenges by understanding current legislation; continued education regarding best practices related to employment and labor law; partnering with department managers to review regulations; recommending new procedures and conducting trainings if necessary.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in related field.
- Minimum of 4 years in full cycle recruiting experience, maritime & transportation industry a plus.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience recruiting within high tech competitive industry a must.
- Ability to understand technology industry and keep abreast of technology trends.
- Demonstrated knowledge of applicable laws as it applies to ADA, ADEA, EEO and Affirmative Action, FLSA, etc.
- Full knowledge of Form I-9, E-Verify and Immigration requirements
- Knowledge of strategic workforce planning.
- Superior analytical skills. Experience using and presenting data to make decisions.
- Strong ability to attract and retain talent and work with a motivate high performance teams.
- Superior interpersonal communication and presentation skills, as well as proved organizational skills.
- Effective negotiating skills.
- Extensive knowledge of applicant tracking software programs.
- Track record of exceeding expectations by utilizing creative sourcing strategies.
- Familiarity with online job-hunting websites.
- Ability to travel up to 15% as needed
- Required job duties are normally performed in a climate-controlled office environment.
- Exposure to computer screens.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
SSA Marine is an equal opportunity employer.
Please click here to learn more or apply.