B.L. Duke is accepting applications for a Cost Accountant/Assistant Controller (Forest View, IL).
BL Duke, Inc, is seeking a full-time Cost Accountant/ Assistant Controller to join our team. This position will complete many administrative, organization and analysis tasks to monitor the financial health of our business. Position is located at our Forest View facility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists with management of accounting, cost accounting and budgeting within the organization.
- Develop and maintain inventory cost accounting system
- Review standard and actual costs for inaccuracies
- Analyze and recommend cost savings and areas for improvement
- Analyzes actual costs versus projected costs and prepares variance reports for monthly review.
- Help create, continue to improve and prepare customer and commodity profitability analysis
- Perform general ledger account analysis
- Solid experience in analyzing trends, variance and cost-benefit.
- Coordinates with and prepares reports for Controller and upper management.
- Participate in monthly operations accounting close and reporting activities in a timely and accurate manner
- Carrying out cost-volume-profit (CVP) analysis
- Construct systems to accumulate and monitor data.
- Prepare cost forecasts for monthly, quarterly, or annual operating schedules.
- Analyze the data collected and log a detailed record of the results.
- Analyze any changes in goods or services provided in order to determine what effect it has on the cost.
- Make estimates of new and proposed product costs.
- Provide management with reports that specify and compare factors that affect prices and profitability of products or services.
- Assist in working with auditors.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field
- At least 5 years’ experience in accounting
- CPA and/or CMA preferred
- Cost Accounting: 5 years (Preferred)
- Excel – “Super User” strongly preferred
- Microsoft Office Suite; Quickbooks a definite plus
Qualifications and Skills:
The Assistant Controller will use industry knowledge, soft skills and technical abilities to effectively support executive management and other colleagues in assessing and improving the organization’s finances.
- Expert knowledge of accounting and financial principles, and best practices
- Highly organized with keen attention to detail
- Proficient with data analysis, critical thinking and problem-solving
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Highly proficient in basic office and accounting software programs
- Collaboration and teamwork skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Highly skilled in math, accounting and financial processes
- Skilled in time management and the ability to prioritize tasks
- Solid understanding of GAAP
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Office Setting
- Work Remotely: No
We offer competitive wages and an excellent benefit package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, 401K plan, PTO time.
B.L. Duke, Inc, is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
B.L. Duke is full-service ferrous and non-ferrous metal recycler and processor. Founded in 2000, we’re committed to revolutionizing the scrap metal recycling industry through innovation, game-changing efficiencies, and cutting-edge technology. Today, we’re a mill direct supplier of ferrous and non-ferrous metals, fiber and plastics offering two convenient recycling facilities to serve you in Forest View, IL and Joliet, IL.
Please click here to learn more and apply for this position.