Great Lakes Dredge & Dock Company is accepting applications for a Yard Crane Operator (Cape Girardeau, MO)
The Yard Crane Operator supports functions of the company yard facilities in maintaining the yard, operation of yard equipment, and providing support to project inventory items.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Unloading and loading yard and vessel supplies from trucks and vessels
- Preform pre-operation inspections and checklists of crane & equipment
- Work with Site management to develop critical lift plans when required
- Work with other team members to ensure tasks are performed in a safe efficient manner with required pre-task planning (Job Safety Analysis)
- Maintenance and work assignments provided by the Yard Manager
- Assist vessel crews, and contract workers with tasks within the yard and dock
- Operate various equipment throughout the yard (if qualified).
- Detects and reports faulty operation of equipment and defective materials
- Additional duties as assigned
- 3 years’ experience as a crane operator
- Maintain a DOT Physical
- Ability to read and utilize crane load charts
- Possess complete knowledge of crane hand signals
- Possess working knowledge of rigging required for lifts of all types
- Good communication skills
- Rigging Certification preferred
- Forklift and/or heavy equipment operation preferred
GLDD is a COVID-19 vaccination work environment, and you will be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination before you can access the company's office, yard, project sites, equipment or vessels.
Great Lakes Dredge & Dock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, disability status, genetic information or any other protected category.
Great Lakes Dredge & Dock Company, LLC is the largest provider of dredging, land reclamation and beach nourishment services in the United States, and the only U.S. dredging company with significant international operations. With the largest and most diverse dredging fleet in the United States, Great Lakes serves a wide range of customers including the US Army Corps of Engineers, state, local and foreign governments, and private companies both international and domestic.
Headquartered in Houston, TX, GLDD has more than 200 pieces of ocean going, and inland dredging plant located strategically throughout North America and internationally.
Please click here to learn more or apply.
Learn more about Great Lakes Dredge & Dock Company here.