Superior Marine Ways, Inc. is accepting applications for Crane Operator - IRDC (Scott Depot, WV)
Employment Type Full-Time
Minimum Experience Experienced
Base – St. Albans WV with travel potential.
- Safely and efficiently operate cable cranes, friction cranes and material handlers
- Understand and assist in rigging lifting equipment
- Keep up with day to day maintenance of crane, ensuring crane is kept in clean and proper working order
- Perform thorough inspections of equipment and report any identified issues to onsite supervisor immediately
- 2-3 years related experience
- Must have a current driver’s license
- Must be able to pass physical and drug test and comply with regulations
- Reliable for designated schedule regardless of weather conditions
- Must be able to take instruction and supervision from all supervisors.
- Preferred experience with marine industry
- Familiar with heavy equipment
- Must work in team environment
- Color vision to recognize color coded objects
- Lift and carry 50-75 lbs. for several hundred feet
- Special working conditions include; regular evening and weekend work, 12-hour shift work, working outdoors, working in various weather climates, ability to withstand working on the water and heights.
- This is a physically demanding job, one where the incumbent is required to stand for extended periods of time, lift heavy objects on a regular basis, do repetitive tasks, work in confined spaces, ascend and descend ladders while carrying equipment and exposure to weather climates.
Headquartered in Burlington, Superior Marine has a 28,400 square feet building, two dry docks and seven harbor vessels at Ohio River at mile 314.9. With over 40 years of experience in the maritime industry, Superior Marine provides exceptional maritime services. Superior’s core services include; harbor services, barge repair, stevedoring, fabrication shop, and machine repair. Superior also has a new ship construction and repair division for large vessels.
For more information and to apply for this position click here.
Learn more about Superior Marine Ways, Inc. here.