Crew, Boat, Barge Dispatcher (Hermann, MO)
Missouri River Towing is currently looking to fill a dispatch position at its headquarters in Hermann, Missouri. The position is full time, salaried and benefits are included.
Dispatchers are the points-of-contact for 24-hour communication with the fleet, marine crew, terminals and customers to ensure an efficient and safe operation.
Responsibilities for Boat/Barge Dispatch:
- Review and maintain entries from vessels regarding voyage times, sea conditions, and weather entries
- Perform charter party negotiations and execution
- Responsible for keeping terminals, refineries and customers updated of voyage times, delays, etc.
- Assign voyages to vessels
- Answer multiple phones in a professional and timely manner
- Maintain daily communication with all vessels (tugs & barges)
- Regular contact with office employees and managers
- Daily communication with external customers
- Support the ongoing development of a safety-first culture
- Communicate and resolve issues, problems, and concerns with river boat captains and pilots and costumers as related to service deliveries, claims, directions, paperwork, USCG permits and other issues.
- Look for opportunities to use combined company employees and contracted carriers to minimize freight cost
- Ensure freight accruals align with quoted bid
- Assist accounts receivable to create invoices on work performed by the vessels
- Forecast workload and match the vessel horsepower requirements and tow configuration to accomplish goals.
Responsibilities for Marine Crew Dispatch:
- Plans and Coordinates crew changes for vessel personnel
- Contacts crew members to schedule and book travel arrangements as required
- Works with Director of Human Resources regarding Counsels and documentation for employees who miss or are late for crew changes.
- Communicates effectively by telephone, e-mail, or other means of communication.
- Completes reports, processes data from Marine CFO and for Sub Chapter M and perform other duties.
- Has the ability to problem solve and pull together resources on demand to meet crewing requirements.
- Can work independently in a fast-paced, demanding, and changing work environment.
- Miscellaneous activities and responsibilities as assigned by manager
Knowledge & Skill Requirements:
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining careful attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all aspects of job responsibilities.
- Ability to effectively resolve issues in a timely manner using sound judgment and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to demonstrate high degree of professionalism.
- Proficient skills with Microsoft Office software.
- Ability to learn new programs and software.
- Strong written, listening and verbal communication skills.
- Effective problem solving and organizational skills.
- Ability to follow and work within the Core Values of Hermann Sand and Gravel, Inc and Missouri River Towing, LLC.
Education & Experience:
- Maritime industry experience required; Marine CFO experience preferred.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Business, Logistics, or related field required.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in all aspects of vessel management including vessel operations.
- Must hold a valid Driver’s License.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to heights of 18 – 30 feet.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to heavy lifting of up to 50-60 lbs.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to vibration and low-level noise in the work environment.
- The employee is regularly exposed to daylight and nighttime operations.
- The employee may work in external conditions and could be exposed to adverse weather conditions.
Shifts: Candidate must be available for an irregular schedule; Hours will vary dependent on high traffic season.
- Morning (Preferred)
- Evening (Preferred)
- Graveyard (on call)
- Saturday & Holiday rotation schedule.
United States (Required)
- Major Medical 100% company paid
- Dental Insurance option
- Vision Insurance option
- 401k with employer match
- Life Insurance
This job description is not intended to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of work activities or responsibilities that are required of the employee in this job. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be requested to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions, however, duties, responsibilities and work activities are subject to change at any time.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org