CGB Enterprises, Inc. is a great place for you to launch or grow your career. People matter! There’s something special about working for a company that truly cares about its people and a company culture that can be felt throughout the organization. invite you to be a part of the team and make a lasting impact on the future of CGB all while excelling your career!
Responsible for overseeing several staff members in two departments – Claims Processing and Underwriting. Together, your team provides operational leadership to agents and insureds while administering the Federal Crop Insurance program of the USDA-Risk Management Agency. From policy creation to claim payment and all activities in between, you and your staff enable producers and agents to manage their risk, enhance their wealth, and improve their quality of life.
Leadership Activities in the position
- Provide consistent, reliable decisions to sustain solid operations management
- Work with and across all departments in order to facilitate timely policy and claim delivery
- Hold regular conversations with employees regarding direction and company mission-feed the passion for serving the nation’s producers
Operations Activities in the position
- Ensure policy documentation is timely and accurately received and entered into software systems
- Problem-solve specific issues when they are elevated beyond claim processor and underwriter working guidelines. Ensure that decisions made will conform to FCIC regulations and procedures
- Establish effective communication processes between claim processing and underwriting staff and from them to the agents, adjusters, and insureds as appropriate
- Monitor reports which can be used to improve operational performance
Activities in Development
- Identify the best owners of processes/procedures and ensure they have the tools needed to solve problems in their area of responsibility
- Become an expert in the software system to make recommendations for improvement and implement solutions
- Examine processes and procedures to look for inefficiencies within the service office or between departments and other service offices
Activities in Relations
- Communicate regularly with operations management, adjuster supervisory staff, and agency owners to be aware of issues, understand concerns, and drive decision making.
- Provide reports and analysis of the service office in order to work with management to find overall solutions and best practices
- Ensure that staff members are thorough in daily communications and set a standard for them to follow in terms of customer/agent care via phone, email, and written correspondence
Required - Bachelor's degree or equivalent education/experience.
Required - 3-5 years managing people
Preferred - 3-5 years’ experience in crop insurance
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Proven track record of leading and developing employees
- Demonstrated ability to look deep and think broadly to solve complex problems and provide effective solutions
- 3+ years of Multi-Peril Crop Insurance experience
- Ability to work under pressure and provide even keeled, tempered responses to problems
- A win-win attitude
- Willingness and ability to obtain CAPP card
Travel & Relocation
- Travel Up to 30%.
- Based in Jacksonville, IL--relocation assistance available
Are you ready to make a meaningful career move & an impact at CGB? Apply today! If you’d like to be considered for this position, click here
We hire right, train smart, empower our employees to make decisions, and provide ample opportunities for growth and ultimate success. CGB Enterprises, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.