Cummins Sales & Service is accepting applications for a Cross-Functional Engineering Associate – Hourly – 1st Shift (Columbus, IN)
- Our culture believes in POWERING YOUR POTENTIAL. We provide global opportunities to develop your career, make your community a better place and work with today’s most innovative thinkers to solve the world’s toughest problems.
- We believe in flexibility for you to explore your passions and make an impact through meaningful work within our diverse workforce. That’s how we’re living our best #LifeAtCummins.
- Builds, repairs, and prepares articles for testing and associated auxiliary equipment. Performs tests in accordance with set test methods and works with relevant engineering functions to develop and execute testing. Drives continuous improvement in test setup and testing methods. Aids in analysis of test data.
- Works with performance engineers to develop measurement techniques; manages/leads test system and test article issue resolution process; manages system teardown consensus reviews, including data analysis, test and teardown reports.
- Participates in and leads Failure Mode Effects Analysis; performs data analysis, documents systems tests and calibration reviews in technical reports;
- presents test finding; prepares problem resolution Information for Failure Incident Reporting Group meetings; participates in problem solving teams.
- Coordinates programs including planning, scheduling, ordering and tracking.
- Participates in the maintenance of quality procedures.
- Develops and conducts training programs.
- Demonstrates adaptability and responsiveness to changing work needs and willingness to undertake new tasks as they become evident; initiates, develops,
- leads and participates in improvement projects.
- Manages own work and adjusts work priorities in order to meet the demands; participates in self- and team-audits and associated corrective action; plans and engages in continuous learning in order to be prepared for changing work demands.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Action oriented - Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Communicates effectively - Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Manages complexity - Making sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Decision quality - Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Drives results - Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Data Acquisition - Prepares samples, verifies equipment calibration and performs tests according to an approved standard procedure or work instruction in a manner which ensures, and results in, data that can be trusted and delivered to the engineer or customer.
- Data Reporting - Prepares documentation in a manner which clearly organizes and presents testing methods, instrument settings, the data and analysis to allow the engineer and customer to understand the results and form accurate conclusions and recommendations.
- Product Function Test System Design - Interprets test equipment specifications from test standards or lab customer requirements; selects and integrates appropriate equipment, instrumentation and software to control boundary conditions and collect measurement data; assesses capability of the lab equipment against the requirements and support infrastructure.
- Test Setup and Configuration - Interprets test plan to determine optimal location and orientation within a test space in accordance with local safety and environmental requirements and fabricates required system with appropriate materials.
- Test Article Build - Assembles test articles according to test requirements, including all necessary installation or accommodations for instrumentation, in a manner that allows the test articles to successfully undergo product functional test.
Education, Licenses, Certifications
- High school diploma or certificate of completion of secondary education or equivalent experience to the extent such experience meets applicable regulations.
- A regionally applicable Certification (e.g. US Department of Labor) or two year Associates Degree from an accredited college program in a relevant field of study with two years of experience; or, a Bachelor's degree in a relevant field.
- This position may require licensing for compliance with export controls or sanctions regulations.
Our culture believes in POWERING YOUR POTENTIAL. We provide global opportunities to develop your career, make your community a better place and work with today’s most innovative thinkers to solve the world’s toughest problems. We believe in flexibility for you to explore your passions while making an impact through meaningful work within our inclusive workforce. That’s what #LifeAtCummins is all about.
Cummins has a strong marine heritage dating back to the company’s start in 1919. More than 90 years later, Cummins continues its legacy of providing reliable, durable diesels to the marine market with a broad range of power for commercial applications.
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation,
For more information and to apply for this position click here.