New Cooperative Inc. is accepting applications for a Custom Applicator (Everly, IA)
(Eligible for our Referral Bonus Program - Please be sure to indicate the NEW Cooperative employee on your application)
Essential Duties & Responsibilities: Include but are not limited to the following:
- Maintain a safe work environment as outlined by NEW Cooperative’s policies and procedures
- Assist in loading and unloading of vehicles based on work orders
- Operate post spraying equipment, tender trucks, other application equipment, and NH3 equipment
- Assist in maintenance of equipment
- Operate a semi-truck in the off-season
- Assist in other areas of location during the off-season
- Must be licensed and insurable to drive
- Must have or be able to obtain a Class A CDL with tanker and HazMat endorsements
- Must have or be able to obtain a Commercial Applicator’s License
- Understand the importance of providing very high levels of customer service
- Understand the seasonality of the farm supply business and the in-season time commitment
- Good computer skills
- Must be able to interact and effectively communicate with customers and individuals at all levels of the organization
- Must have problem-solving skills as well as be self-motivated
- Self – starter
- Demonstrate great interest serving in the agricultural industry
Job Performance Skills:
Team Work/Team Player
Fulfills commitments to other team members. Puts team success ahead of individual success. Do not take the credit for others’ work. Works comfortably with all team members. Takes charge when it is necessary to facilitate action or decision. Volunteers to help others with projects or assignments. Gives and welcomes feedback. Expresses disagreement constructively. Listens to and responds constructively to all team members. Balances team and individual responsibilities.
Performs work in a safe manner at all times. Checks the work area for hazards and corrects unsafe situations. Uses personal protection equipment. Maintains an organized work area. Seeks guidance from a supervisor if needed. Considers the safety of other employees. Understands and follows safety regulations. Reports unsafe conditions.
Easy to get along with. Treats all people with dignity and respect. Always approachable; never rude. Aware of and sensitive to what other people are feeling. Is at ease with people at all levels. Do not belittle the opinions or work of other people, regardless of their status or position. Deals effectively with a diverse workforce. Demonstrates a high degree of “emotional intelligence.” Truly values and genuinely likes people.
Accepts personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of the work. Acknowledges and corrects mistakes. Do not make excuses or blame others for errors or problems. Carries a fair share of the workload.
Displays a high energy level. Enjoys working hard. Self-starter; doesn’t wait to be told to take action. Look for opportunities to do extra work in order to help a project move along. Willingly puts in extra time and effort in crisis situations. Displays an obvious sense of urgency. Does more than what is normally required. Volunteers readily.
High School or better.
Licenses & Certifications