Ingram Barge is accepting applications for a Custom Fuel Deckhand (Reserve, LA)
Are you ready to navigate your way toward a new career? Does making the great outdoors your office sound fun and exciting? If so, look no further – Ingram Barge Company is looking to bring new hire deckhands onboard!
Please note before applying: This position is not a career path to a Tankerperson position. It will certainly help you get knowledge and insight on the Tankerperson role but will not provide you with guaranteed advancement opportunities.
What you’ll be doing:
- Assist CFS Tankerpersons with setting up for fuel transfers & CFS vessel and barge maintenance
- Daily vessel housekeeping (sweeping, mopping and cleaning crew living quarters)
- Assist with locking
- Carry rigging (ratchets, wires and straps) pumps, hoses and lines
- Work outdoors for extended periods of time in weather conditions such as heat/cold & rain/snow
- Check barges for water and leaks – which at times requires climbing into confined spaces
- Upkeep of vessel appearance includes sooging (washing), chipping and painting
- Assist the Engineer as requested
- Practice safe crew, vessel and tow operation using Ingram safety systems
- Participate in safety drills and audits
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested
What we’re looking for:
- Demonstration of the Ingram Way
- Ability to uphold Ingram’s high safety standards
- Ability to work away from home for extended periods (14, 21 or 28 day hitches)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to respond quickly in an unexpected circumstance
- Demonstration of critical thinking and decision making skills
- Strong communication skills with all levels within the organization
- Ability to demonstrate teamwork and acceptance of diversity
- Minimum Qualifications Candidates must:
- Possess High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Be able to obtain a valid TWIC card (Transportation Worker Identification Credential)
- Pass a post-offer process if an offer is made (background check, drug screen, physical)
- Be able to lift and carry up to 110 pounds for up to 1000 feet
- Be able to work in confined spaces often entered through a manhole
- Be able to climb a ladder and able to board and ride in a skiff
Recruiting Locations: Must live within 1 hour of our fleet in Reserve, LA.
Ingram operates 5,000 barges with a fleet of over 80 linehaul vessels and approximately 150 tug/tow boats. The company operates on the Mississippi River, Ohio River, Cumberland River, Tennessee River, Gulf Intracoastal Waterway, Kanawha River, Illinois River, and the Monongahela River.
Ingram's fleet is maintained at the highest level of standards and equipment with state-of-the-art navigation & communication technology.
For more information and to apply for this position click here.