Cummins is a place big enough to coach and develop a global workforce and create the world’s leading clean, engine technology. We’re also small enough for you to find your fit and personal passion with a team of dependable, innovative thinkers who are developing their careers within a diverse, inclusive, empowering environment.
Learn more about this role and how you can begin Working Right .
Our Corporate Business Unit delivers reliable, durable, high performing products to our global partners. Working in an innovative space, you’ll develop high tech solutions that will fuel your advanced career skill set and empower you to own your career. Our integrated businesses demand the talents and creativity of individuals with a wide range of skills and experience.
This is an exciting opportunity in Nashville, Tennessee for a Customer Order Management Analyst. Cummins USA is where you can work on industry leading projects.
Your impact will happen in these and other ways:
- Ensures that customers receive the best service possible through processing orders, preparing general correspondence, and coordinating with other functions as required. Acts as customer single-point-of-contact regarding order issues, scheduling, and shipping.
- Responsible for portfolio of globally based customers by managing end-to-end order management and logistics process flow to ensure timely delivery of Cummins products.
- Make independent decisions in best interest of customer & CMI:
- Initiate calls/meetings with critical stakeholders on behalf of customers; provide direction to customer based on outcomes.
- Forecasting/semi-forecasting: Assist customer to forecast part demand through the supply chain.
- Decide on behalf of the customer what shipments can be released early/on agreed date and re-allocate parts to fulfil orders.
- Identify fluctuations in order patterns (peaks and troughs) and notify account manager/plant.
- Plan and maintain daily communication across international and/or domestic customers and internal functions such as materials, distribution centers and global sales teams to review and adapt to customer demand; ensure accurate and timely order throughput to prevent/minimize aging orders.
- Resolve all escalated internal and customer inquiries and order exceptions; ensure prompt and accurate resolution for order queries, order modification, parts availability/sourcing, plus research to resolve credits/debits and quality issues.
- Document customer interactions information within Cummins, strengthening the link between the customer and the factory.
- Maintain a professional relationship with customers to increase loyalty in the Cummins products.
- Resolve escalated customer issues through a broad understanding of Cummins processes, systems, and practices.
- Logistics and supply chain knowledge: apply strong knowledge of EDI (Electronic Data Interchange) functionality and verbiage, shipping terms, and order management procedures to manage the end-to-end order process to fulfill customer requirements.
- Analytical Reasoning: Applies research methodologies and statistical analysis to solve problems and exercise independent judgement. Synthesizes and analyzes low to moderately complex data, information and evidence in order to draw meaningful solutions to meet customer expectations
- Team members must adapt quickly and have the ability to make sound decisions when dealing with unexpected changes such as: OEM label/package restructuring, LTA changes, order control delays, campaign launches, or special requirements.
- Communication (Written and Verbal): Communicates in a clear, organized and precise manner with functional areas to drive the required response; communicates responses to the customer relevant to their original request, while providing alternative solutions. Order Management Representatives must possess strong communications skills and be able to effectively communicate in different languages, when necessary.
- Attention to detail: Pays attention to all the details of what is communicated, either written, orally, or presented.
- Achieves thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing daily tasks while considering impact on functional areas. Provides accurate and relevant information on a timely basis to the customer.
- High degree of accuracy required.
- Cultural knowledge: Strong ability to understand, communicate and effectively interact with people across cultures
Systems knowledge and technical skills:
- Minimum of intermediate skill level with computer related programs such as Microsoft Office (e.g. Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook) and Internet.
- Ability to gain skills required to utilize Cummins’ systems (e.g. GOMS and/or SOMS, OBIEE, Siebel, and Red Prairie)
3 years of relevant customer order management, account management or in the supply chain field
Education, Licenses, Certifications
Bachelor’s degree preferred or min. of 3 years relevant work experience
Compensation and Benefits
Base hourly rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Primary Location United States-Tennessee-Nashville-US, TN, Nashville, CBS Customer Care
Job Type Experienced – Exempt / Office
Recruitment Job Type Office
Job Posting Oct 16, 2018, 9:30:23 AM
Unposting Date Ongoing
Req ID: 180006RK