Cyber Security Specialist (San Diego, CA)
Trabus Technology is accepting applications for a Cyber Security Specialist in San Diego, CA. Trabus Technologies (TRABUS) is a minority-owned, service-disabled veteran-owned small business (SDVOSB) headquartered in San Diego, California. Our company has been providing key solutions and unparalleled value in wireless technologies, cybersecurity and artificial intelligence to the federal government and private sector since 2010.
Our capabilities are widely diversified. From the development of emerging technologies that will revolutionize the wireless industry to engineering support services to the armed services, TRABUS is committed to solving real-world problems through technical innovation.
TRABUS has been recognized by “Inc. 5000” as one of the 5,000 fastest-growing, privately held small companies in the United States the last five years in a row. TRABUS is a dynamic, forward thinking business ready to engage in and overcome our customers’ challenges.
We are looking for a Cybersecurity Specialist, who can join our team and make an immediate impact through their creativity, enthusiasm and technical abilities. He or she will work with a multi-discipline team supporting the government in the design, development, and sustainment of C4ISR systems. The successful candidate will demonstrate competency in performing Navy Validator activities for Security Authorization packages under Risk Management Framework (RMF) and DoD Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (DIACAP). We aren’t looking for someone who will simply go through the motions, but someone willing to go beyond expectations, do something important, and make a true difference.
As a Cybersecurity Specialist, your responsibilities will include:
· Provide guidance and oversight throughout RMF and/or DIACAP A&A activities.
· Perform validator functions in a DoD environment utilizing DoD approved accreditation methods (DIACAP / RMF).
· Utilize knowledge of NIST SP 800-53, FIPS 199, SP 800-39, and related policies to develop and validate RMF packages for systems seeking authorization to operate (ATO).
· Use knowledge of, and access, to NIPR and SIPR eMASS applications. Use knowledge of Assessment and Accreditation tools including STIG Viewer, ACAS, SCAP, and Vulnerator.
· Use communication systems, network protocols, encryption, network devices, operating systems, applications, virtual systems, and databases.
- Perform security categorization based on the impact due to loss of confidentiality, integrity, and availability. Select security controls based on security categorization.
· Develop strategy for continuous monitoring to ensure acceptable security control is enforced.
· Direct and/or perform risk/threat assessment for systems undergoing A&A efforts.
· Direct and/or generate A&A package documentation including Security Assessment Plan (SSP) and authorization boundary in the Systems Security Plan (SSP).
You will be a good fit, if you have the following qualifications/certifications:
· Navy Qualified Validator Level I with 3 years’ experience in performing validator functions in a DoD environment utilizing DoD approved accreditation methods (DIACAP / RMF).
· Served as designated Navy Validator for one or more Security Authorizations under RMF
· Possess the communication, coordination, organizational, and planning expertise as well as a detailed understanding of a broad spectrum of program office functional disciplines necessary to support the acquisition efforts of large DoD programs.
· Security + (or equivalent certification) and IAT Level II in accordance with 8570.02 instruction
You will be an even better fit, if you have experience in these areas:
· Navy Qualified Validator Level II with 5 years’ experience performing validator functions
We’d expect you to have the following educational background, but appropriate experience (above) may outweigh the education requirements:
· Bachelor's or Master's degree from an accredited college or university
This position requires a DoD SECRET clearance. To apply, go to Careers | Trabus Technologies and click on “Current Openings”.
Trabus Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity, and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any status protected by federal, state or local discrimination laws.
To learn more and apply for this position, click here.
Learn more about Trabus Technologies here.