Cybersecurity Awareness Month 2022: Mid- Campaign Announcement
Cybersecurity Awareness Month is in full swing! Our next focus is on cyber careers, and you can get involved by participating in: The National Initiative for Cybersecurity and Education’s (NICE) Cybersecurity Career Awareness Week from October 17-22.
CISA focuses on building a cyber aware public and introducing them to cyber careers from an early age. We do this through a variety of training programs for educators, the federal cyber workforce and critical infrastructure operators, as well as non-traditional training opportunities to help bring skilled professionals into the workforce quicker than traditional pathways. With these resources, CISA strives to reach those who may not have access to training in underserved communities. Some of the key resources for Cybersecurity Career Awareness Week include:
- Cybersecurity Awareness Month Video
- Cybersecurity Workforce Training Guide
- Cyber Career Pathways Tool
- Cyber Career Cards
- General Public Cyber Trainings
- Cyber Safety Videos
- Critical Infrastructure Operators Training – Industrial Control Systems, Incident Response, Continuous Diagnostic and Mitigation
- Cyber Challenges and Games
We will continue to share our campaign theme, See Yourself in Cyber, and the four action steps below:
- Enable Multi-Factor Authentication
- Use Strong Passwords – see this week’s focus below!
- Recognize and Report Phishing
- Update Your Software
Get involved by:
- Amplifying messages through emails, blogs, and social media.
- Using the CISA and NCA Cybersecurity Awareness Month websites’ resources and information to create your own outreach campaign.
- Connecting with peers, families, friends and your communities as cybersecurity awareness ambassadors, sharing how we can all See Ourselves in Cyber.
Thank you for your continued support of Cybersecurity Awareness Month and the ongoing campaign. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Cybersecurity Awareness Month team with any questions you may have.