Terral River Service, Inc. is accepting applications for a Deckaneer (Lettsworth, LA)
Terral River Service is currently looking for a Deckaneer for our line boats to perform general repair work on inland pushboat systems using hand and power tools with technical manuals. General work performed on inland pushboat systems include, but are not limited to, onboard electrical, refrigeration, carpentry, plumbing, ventilation, heating and cooling systems.
Essential Job Functions:
Applicants must be able to work a 28-day-on, 14-day-off or a 14-day-on, 7-day-off schedule. You must be able to work a flexible schedule. Job duties are as follows, but not limited to:
- Conduct maintenance and upkeep on vessel.
- Complete service records and repair documents.
- Communicate concerns & job-related issues to the Port Engineer and Captain.
- Troubleshoot engine, hydraulic system, and electrical problems.
- Perform minor repairs on vessel systems (engines, generators, etc.).
- General boat cleaning.
- Vessel painting.
- Maintains and updates maintenance logs.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- At least eighteen (18) years of age.
- Must be a high school graduate or equivalent.
- Knowledge of marine equipment, engines, and boat systems is preferred.
- Must have or be able to obtain and maintain a TWIC.
- Must have and maintain a valid/current Drivers license.
- Must have dependable transportation to designated TRS locations, no exceptions.
- Must be able to work various hours/holidays/weekends.
- Must meet "fit for duty" requirements upon job offer (pre-employment physical, drug test, and MRI).
- The employee must meet physical requirements including but not limited to, walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, climbing up/down ladders and stairs, negotiating uneven and moving surfaces.
- Must be able to work in difficult conditions with exposure to all weather conditions (rain, ice, snow, wind, heat, etc.).
- Must be comfortable working aboard boats and barges.
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds and work at protected heights up to 40 feet.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
About Terral River Service, Inc:
Terral River Service (TRS) is a Family owned business with a continually growing footprint of boats and barges throughout most of the inland waterway system of the US. We specialize in bulk storage, material handling, river, road and rail logistics along the Mississippi River system, the Gulf Intracoastal Waterway and the inland waterways of Louisiana and southern Arkansas. With our growing fleet of push boats, river barges and modern dock operations strategically located throughout the Lower Mississippi River Valley, we are outfitted to transport, handle and store virtually any commodity needed in the marketplace. TRS has over 400 employees and has operations in multiple states.
For more information and to apply for this position click here.
Learn more about Terral River Service, Inc. here.