Marquette Transportation Company is accepting applications for a Deckhand - Entry Level & Experienced (Paducah, KY; St. Rose, LA; Houston, TX)
- Build and check tow by utilizing various tools/equipment such as wrenches, ratchets, shackles, chain straps and wires/cables.
- Move and stack sets of rigging throughout the vessel and barges.
- Move pumps and hoses about the barges and place hoses in wing tank/void for removal of water.
- Assist with locking, sweeping and shoveling barges, etc.
- Carry rigging (ratchets, wires and straps) pumps, hoses, lines, and other equipment weighing 50-100 lbs.
- Working outdoors for extended periods of time, and in weather conditions such as heat, cold, rain, and snow.
- Daily vessel housekeeping such as sweeping, mopping, and cleaning crew living quarters.
- Check barges for water or leaks, which at times requires climbing into confined spaces.
- Maintain vessel appearance to include washing, cleaning, chipping and painting the vessel.
- Assist with the stocking and delivery of various supplies to and from the vessel.
- Ability to assist in skiff operations to allow the crew to go ashore and come aboard the vessel.
- Put out sounders at the head of the barge (Linehaul Vessels).
- Assist in direct transfer including fuel, lubricants and bilge liquids.
- Periodic cleaning tasks to include trash removal, mopping, scraping, sanding and painting.
- Fleet/tow work (preparing barges for delivery to customers).
- Performing other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Must be able to be away for periods of time as schedules are generally 28 days away and 14 days home.
- Experience preferred, but not necessary.
- Physical labor experience working in the outdoors is a plus.
- Reliable transportation.
- Must be 18 or older to board a vessel.
- Must be able to meet all physical qualifications per company guidelines.
- Must have Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) or be able to attain it.
- Must be able to speak, read and write in the English language.
- Must be able to handle and lift rigging (up to 75 lbs-100lbs)
Marquette offers great pay, health, dental & vision insurance, 401K match, holiday pay, company paid life insurance and other incentives.
No relocation necessary - Live in your hometown and work on the water!
Marquette Transportation Company is one of the nation’s largest providers of marine transportation services, having combined three leading family-owned businesses under one banner. Unlike most integrated barge lines, we offer a strategic mix of vessels along many waterways
Marquette Transportation Company is an equal opportunity employer.
Please click here to learn more or apply.
Learn more about Marquette Transportation Company here.