Full-Time – $150-$250 per Day
Riverview Tug Service, Inc. Is an EEO employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled
Riverview Tug Service, Inc. is a Multi-Faceted, Multi-Generational Company that began in 1998. For more than 25 years, the Riverview Tug Service Team has continued to provide tug assistance and short towing on the Upper Mississippi for many different customers. The Riverview Family of Companies of dedicated and skilled employees are committed to customer satisfaction. We are committed to providing our customers with the highest quality of services for the best value along the Mississippi River. Join our team today!
Deckhands assist in the operation and maintenance of Riverview Tug Services’ marine vessels. Position is on a live-on boat in Vacherie with a 28/14 schedule.
- Assist and support the Captain, Relief Captain or Watch Captain in ensuring compliance with all current federal, state and local regulatory requirements
- Perform vessel security responsibilities as assigned
- Responsible for proper fueling procedures-supervision and emergency response notification.
- Regularly inspect lifesaving equipment, firefighting equipment, boat appliances, etc.
- Understand, follow, and complete all reporting requirements, accident reports, barge damage reports, engine room logs and checklists.
- Perform duties required for the overall operation, maintenance, and appearance of the boat and engine room.
- Vessel and equipment cleaning, maintenance and painting duties, including but not limited to sweeping, mopping, cleaning heads, lavatories and showers and galley.
- Follow directions and execute tasks under the supervision of captain or mate
- Additional duties and responsibilities as required or requested
- Adhere to company attendance policy
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule
- Commitment to safety rules and protocols
- Reading and writing skills sufficient to comprehend/complete a variety of documents
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Required to work in all climates and weather conditions
- Must have reliable transportation to designated locations
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age
- Current Transportation Work Identification Credential (TWIC) required.
- Inland waterway experience preferred
- Candidates must pass a pre-employment drug screen, breath alcohol and physical
- Ability to lift and carry up to 150 lbs.
- Ability to work in extreme weather conditions
- High noise levels
- Prolonged periods of kneeling, bending, and climbing stairs and ladders
- Able to navigate uneven and moving surfaces
- Ability to work near or on large bodies of water at various heights and in confined spaces
Riverview Tug Service, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Riverview Tug Service, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.