J.F. Brennan Company, Inc. is accepting applications for Deckhands (Smithland, KY; Bloomsdale MO; Dyersburg, TN)
Deckhands are the cornerstone of all the work we do at Brennan Marine Inc, and the demand for our work is growing.
We’re looking for an entry level deckhand to join our skilled boat crew at the Brickey's Harbor and 3 Rivers Kentucky Harbor.
As a deckhand at Brennan, you are a key member in our organization. You keep product moving and safeguard important commodities as they travel hundreds of miles to get product to its destination. You are an essential worker at Brennan and in the US. Economy.
As a member of the Brennan crew, you’ll report to the mate/pilot and assist in the switching and fleeting of barges as we provide efficient and safe work to our customers.
- Communicate clearly and concisely over a radio
- Inspect barges for damage and leaks, which at times requires climbing into confined spaces
- Operate tools and equipment like ratchets, shackles, chain straps and wires/cables
- Complete daily and periodic maintenance tasks such as cleaning, painting, chipping, transferring rigging, and vessel maintenance
- Report vessel condition information to the mate or pilot, especially any hazardous or unsafe condition of the boat, tow, or any associated equipment, and take action to prevent injuries or accidents
Brennan deckhands are hard workers and enjoy being on the water. Rain or shine, our clients and their end customers need your help getting commodities and products delivered.
- Ability to work safely - safety is our #1 priority
- Valid driver's license and reliable transportation
- Ability to 12-hour shifts, nights, weekends, and holidays in any weather
- Capable of lifting and moving heavy objects
Compensation and Benefits
We provide a generous, industry-leading benefits package. The protection of our employees and families is important to us, we are proud to offer a group health insurance plan that is designed with our teams needs in mind.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance plans
- Optional accident, cancer, and critical illness insurance
- 401(k) program with generous matching
- Annual bonus eligibility
- Annual profit-sharing program
- Paid vacation, time off
- ID protection
- Fitness plan reimbursement
For more information and to apply for the Smithland, KY position click here.
For more information and to apply for the Bloomsdale, MO position click here.
To view all Career Opportunities at J.F. Brennan Company, Inc. click here.
J.F. Brennan Company, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.