Developing an inland port? It's all about Planning
We must create a Long-Term Vision using a Short Step Approach.
- Strategic Planning: Goal Based
- Develop the vision adopted by the port leadership that outlines the mission, goals, milestones and timelines.
- Compare to potential business opportunities using the SWOT ANALYSIS
- Prepare the Plan and STICK TO IT. Celebrate achievements, large or small.
- Master Planning: Infrastructure Based
- Perform survey of facilities and equipment
- Determine what infrastructure is needed to achieve strategic plan
- Secure funding
- Transportation and Logistics Planning: Operational and Tactical Based
- Review data and trends
- Peer -to-Peer conversations. What works and doesn’t work.
Resources available through IRPT
- Using the IRPT Map, we communicate with shippers and recommend an IRPT Port / Terminal Member in their destination city;
- We offer peer to peer discussions to collaborate on solutions;
- We coordinate Team building including IRPT Member service providers for specific projects;
- Most importantly, we offer the Annual conference where so much happens!
Additional IRPT Resources Include:
- IRPT Mobile App;
- Legislation monitoring;
- Career opportunity listings;
- Federal Register announcements;
- Navigation notices;
- IRPT Hosted Webinars;
- Member and Industry News alerts;
- Social and Networking Opportunities;
- Advertising Opportunities;
- Annual Conference (Biloxi: October 18-20, 2021)