DHS/CISA Region 6 Active Shooter Preparedness Webinar
Thursday, September 8, 2022
10:00 a.m. Central Time (11:00 a.m. EDT)
THIS IS NOT A TACTICAL TRAINING COURSE
The Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency, Region 6 (Arkansas, Louisiana, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Texas) invites you to join a two-hour security webinar to enhance awareness of and response to an active shooter event.
Preparing employees for a potential active shooter incident is an integral component of an organization’s incident response planning. Because active shooter incidents are unpredictable and evolve quickly, preparing for and knowing what to do in an active shooter situation can be the difference between life and death. Every second counts.
- Discuss the elements of active shooter incident response planning with guidance from expert instructors.
- Describe common behaviors, conditions, and situations associated with active shooter events.
- Discuss how to recognize potential workplace violence indicators.
- Provide information about best practices, communications protocols, and resources that will assist stakeholders to develop or enhance their emergency planning, preparedness, and response to active shooter incidents.
Understanding Liability and Risk Exposure:
The webinar focuses on providing awareness training that supports the development of emergency action planning capabilities. These capabilities may better position organizations in receiving important legal liability protections from the DHS Support Anti-Terrorism by Fostering Effective Technologies (SAFETY) Act of 2002. To learn more about the SAFETY Act and the types of products, services, and layered security programs that have received protections, visit www.safetyact.gov.
Who Should Participate?
- Private and public organizations
- Corporate and facility security professionals
- Supervisory first responders
- Human resource managers
- Community response officials
- Health organizations
- Faith-based leaders
- School administrators and security officers
- Homeland security representatives
DHS Resources REGISTRATION:
Products and information can be requested by email at ASworkshop@cisa.dhs.gov.
For more information and resources on Active Shooter Preparedness visit: cisa.gov/active-shooter-preparedness.
Note: The information (link) to connect the day of the webinar will be available as soon as you register. The link will also be sent by email.
Registration for this event is free.
Register or visit: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/cisa-active-shooter-preparedness-webinar-region-6-arlanmoktx-registration-391228022547
Registration is limited to 350 participants and will close no later than 7 September 2022 at noon (12:00 p.m.) EDT